Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics?
Quote | Reply
So far i have seen just 1 customer here on ST that said he, well actually his wife, got her bike but Diamondback says they are shipping bikes for a couple of weeks to customers.

Are Andean buyers so far the most quite and shy new bike owners with not showing their builts, their set ups, their color scheme? Or are there just so little sold that they just dont's happen to be on ST. Or are they that dissapointed with the bike performance that they just don't want to show pics of their bikes πŸ˜‰.

I was told that my bike would be shipped around next week, but this was about 3 to 4 weeks ago and since then all have been quite. We speak a lot about customer service on this forum and DB can learn something here. When they respond to an email they are friendly, no problem there. But when you order a bike in September, ask for a reservation payment and it is not there in April i think it would be appreciated by customers that they are informed every 2 to 3 weeks on the progress of their order without having to ask for it and/or if they do that they don't have to wait for another week. I mean, it from the first displayed expected delivery date at the end of January to end of April is quite some extra time. And the first races are right around the corner.

But i that aside, i was mainly interested in seeing what wheel colours, builts, etc you might have chosen.

Show your Andean!

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The main reason is simply delays. There are no problems on the manufacturing side. It's just a slower process than expected, for reasons that I am not 100% sure of (but which I can guess - mostly that building a bike with a lot of complex shapes just takes longer).

As far as showing pics of the build, people just don't have bikes yet. Which, as you said, is certainly a problem.

I'd shows pics of mine, except I can't...

As far as performance, I wouldn't expect to see dramatic improvements, but that's mostly because - as a whole - we've gotten so used to "10%" (or something ridiculous) faster.

The UCI rules - which constrain tube aspect ratios - have really one primary effect, and that is that they shrink the RANGE of yaws at which a bike is optimal. I.e., you can have a bike which is VERY good at low yaw - Cervelo has typically taken this path. Or you can have a bike which is VERY good at high yaw - this has been the path the Trek has leaned towards with the SC. But you can certainly optimize very effectively around those chosen yaw ranges. And the best companies - like Trek, Cervelo, Scott, etc - have all done a very good job at their "preferred" yaw angles. So you're unlikely to see big gains vs a bike designed for a specific range of yaws AT THOSE YAWS. When you go to a non-UCI compliant design - like the Andean (or the p5x) - you are able to throw the aspect ratio limitations out the window. This means you can be very good at a much wider RANGE of yaws. I.e., you can be both as good as the best low-yaw bikes AND the best-high yaw bikes. But you're unlikely to gain much over each at that bike's optimum yaws.

But this is a tougher story to explain to folks. And I expect that some people might expect bigger gains than they'll actually see.

In my experience - with about 500km on an Andean so far - is that it is extremely fast on straight, high speed situations. At low speed (where yaws are higher), I don't notice much (if any) real difference between it and the Serios. The braking of course is quite different, but that's not aero-ness (except that you can carry a ton of speed until very late into a corner). Otherwise, it's a very typical bike, which is both good (in that it's not weird to ride, despite how it looks) and bad (people might expect more difference from a bike that looks so different).

Anyway, I hope people start to receive their bikes. I know it's a real frustration that the bikes are delayed. And for that I am sorry.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

Why not?

I also cannot answer that question. I can clarify a bit though - "I cannot show the COMPLETE bike."

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Why not?

I also cannot answer that question. I can clarify a bit though - "I cannot show the COMPLETE bike."

OK, thanks. We are just excited to see one! Please don't keep us waiting too long!
john
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can clarify a bit though - "I cannot show the COMPLETE bike."

Will you be using an invisibility cloak next weekend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be posting an initial review within the next couple weeks, complete with pictures. Mine came with stock parts all of which I'm replacing, so will take me some days to get it up and running the way I want it

Diamondback has had some hiccups with this delivery but overall and at the end of the day they were communicative and helpful in fulfilling the order. They even were nice enough to ship two stems (one of which I will return) to nail my fit within my desires (pads at center!).

This is an amazing bicycle from a design perspective. Soon we will know whether it's as fast as has been claimed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recall seeing some pics of Matt Russell's black Andean on the interwebs. will have to dig around to find them again, but guessing it was IG. Must say, I think the black looks better than the red.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he's back! Excited to see more pictures. That bike is growing on me. The black color is pretty sweet.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
I can clarify a bit though - "I cannot show the COMPLETE bike."

Will you be using an invisibility cloak next weekend?

Plan is to ride so fast that the effect is the same...

Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
And he's back! Excited to see more pictures. That bike is growing on me. The black color is pretty sweet.

I am hoping to see them offer it in white....oooohhhh yes....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot pink ftw

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jordan,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not expecting any major improvements at all. To be honest, i just ordered the bike because ofvthe extreme looks, appearence and most out of curiousity. I have a Felt IA FRD so not a bad bike at all, but i liked it that a company went so out of the box with this bike i just felt i had to support this.

But the delay is seemingly getting longer and longer and responses to a once in a month question what the status is of the order is super friendly from their side but is really slow with most of the time about a 4 to 7 days between question asked and answer. And in fact when delays like this are the case it should be not me asking about the status but DB should be informing their customers on their expected deliveries / time frame.
That is what makes the difference in how you feel about those delays. I know these things happen, but to hear again and again that delivery is delayed and again pushed forward is not what makes the customer happy. If they just would inform the customers something like every 3 to 4 weeks what the status is without the customer having to ask about it would feel much better. Result is the same, it is still delayed but the way the massage is brought is friendlier and gives the perception st lesst thst they care. I'm sure they do but they just don't show it.

But you not showing the pictures of your COMPLETE bike made me curious and it suddenly popped that this probably makes me wonder if i bought my zipp s9 and 808/404 forvdisc brakes a bit too fast :-). There so many pics of the Andean out there that it must have been something else why you can't post pics of the complete bike......

I hope i and the other customers can ride the Andean soon.

Regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
I will be posting an initial review within the next couple weeks, complete with pictures. Mine came with stock parts all of which I'm replacing, so will take me some days to get it up and running the way I want it

Diamondback has had some hiccups with this delivery but overall and at the end of the day they were communicative and helpful in fulfilling the order. They even were nice enough to ship two stems (one of which I will return) to nail my fit within my desires (pads at center!).

This is an amazing bicycle from a design perspective. Soon we will know whether it's as fast as has been claimed.

Damn, this post is so friendly of tone it just scared the shit out of me.....πŸ˜‰. Just kiddin, glad you received yours and are happy about it so far.
I ordered it also with the purpose to swap all parts, i even asked them to not even bother to assemble it since this would waste of time.
Looking forward to your review. Did you went for black or red? πŸ‘πŸ‘on your 2nd place at Oceanside.

Regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Why not?

So how do you like those hydraulic TT levers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Why not?

I saw one yesterday at FL 70.3. What is so secret at this point?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Why not?

I saw one yesterday at FL 70.3. What is so secret at this point?

Likely nothing about the Andean, but probably anything from zipp or any of his other sponsors.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jeroen -- I went with the "stealth matte black" scheme. I also asked them to not bother assembling mine, but they insisted on doing so. That's okay -- at least I don't have to run mech brake cables for the one or two months I will have those (after which full Di2 TT hydro will be made available).
Last edited by: kileyay: Apr 10, 17 15:45
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great question! How ridiculous is it that they can't even put a well known pro on a bike they
Where expecting to be ready by now. And he can't even explain why. I'm guessing he is playing nice and polite here, but what is he training on?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Great question! How ridiculous is it that they can't even put a well known pro on a bike they
Where expecting to be ready by now. And he can't even explain why. I'm guessing he is playing nice and polite here, but what is he training on?

I'm on an XL; it works great. I thought the L, which is still delayed, would be the "right" size, but I'm reconsidering the more time I spend on the XL. No issues with handling of any kind. It doesn't seem as big as i thought it would.

I just can't post pictures of the complete bike, which was the request made by the OP.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:

I just can't post pictures of the complete bike, which was the request made by the OP.

OK, I hereby make a request for you to show us any pics of the Andean that you can. Even just a pic of the frameset would show us your paint scheme, which the OP did request.........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you riding at IMTX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, nothing to post from me, either. Last word I got was that they would be getting all the stuff at the end of this week. I have IM ST.G coming up in just over three weeks time. I have a bike reserved with RaceDay Wheels as a contingency plan, but I'm going to be pretty annoyed if (when) I have to ride that bike not the Andean. I'll need to have the bike to the shop for TBT to take to the race on 4/25. That's two weeks from today, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope at this point.

If they don't make that deadline, I'm considering having them ship it to the expo in St.G. That would give them an extra week and a half to get it processed. They'll have a booth there and will be doing fits for the public. Their head fitter happens to be my coach, he'll be fitting me on the bike regardless, no real difference if that happens in Seattle the week before the race or in St.G the day before.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Owners: where are your pics? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
Yep, nothing to post from me, either. Last word I got was that they would be getting all the stuff at the end of this week. I have IM ST.G coming up in just over three weeks time. I have a bike reserved with RaceDay Wheels as a contingency plan, but I'm going to be pretty annoyed if (when) I have to ride that bike not the Andean. I'll need to have the bike to the shop for TBT to take to the race on 4/25. That's two weeks from today, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope at this point.

If they don't make that deadline, I'm considering having them ship it to the expo in St.G. That would give them an extra week and a half to get it processed. They'll have a booth there and will be doing fits for the public. Their head fitter happens to be my coach, he'll be fitting me on the bike regardless, no real difference if that happens in Seattle the week before the race or in St.G the day before.

Shit, that is bad news. What size did you order? Hope yours will make it in time, but this is actually my point. It is the slow response on their side on status information. I have send an email last Friday what the status for my bike delivery is at this moment because it changed constantly during the last few months. No answer so far. And it annoys me that now the season starts, races are close by like in your case, we are a bit kept in the dark.

Hope it works out fine for you and you have a good race.

Good luck!

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep there was one at Florida 70.3 went flying by me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next