Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if there already people having theirs yet. Original shipping date on first orders was end of January or are they over due with their first deliveries? If yes, anyone received any information on when to expect delivery. I find them somewhat silent in sharing some new information

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I placed my order several weeks ago I was told I was in the second wave and it would be mid/late March.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine on the 5th of January 2017 and still haven't received it.
Today when I logged on to my Diamondback account "My orders" was empty..... That got me a bit worried.
Anyone else out there experienced that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
Original shipping date on first orders was end of January or are they over due with their first deliveries? If yes, anyone received any information on when to expect delivery. I find them somewhat silent in sharing some new information

They are very delayed. Here is the note I received the other day:

Quote:
We are still on track for 3rd week in march (20-24th) for new round of frames, including your Raw (Black) in Small. That would put our delivery to you right at the end of march/turn into April. Once we have your frame on site at our build service course here, it should be a 3-5 day turn around and then out the door to you.

The coordinator at Diamondback, Sean, can be reached at SMcgraw@diamondback.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw Matt Russell just received his.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe the M and XL are in, and matt's an M. it's the L that's not hear yet. don't know about the S.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good - mine is an XL. So hope to hear from Sean soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [TIP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, mine is an M. I'm registered for St. George on 5/6 and getting a little worried.

Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Andeans, where's that review?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 3 races; May, June and September. Hoping they all will be on the Andean.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read there were some miscalculations in their fit caculator? Are their stack and reach values correct as far as you know. I ordered the Large with having now the IA in 56.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
tri-run wrote:
Original shipping date on first orders was end of January or are they over due with their first deliveries? If yes, anyone received any information on when to expect delivery. I find them somewhat silent in sharing some new information

They are very delayed. Here is the note I received the other day:

Quote:
We are still on track for 3rd week in march (20-24th) for new round of frames, including your Raw (Black) in Small. That would put our delivery to you right at the end of march/turn into April. Once we have your frame on site at our build service course here, it should be a 3-5 day turn around and then out the door to you.

The coordinator at Diamondback, Sean, can be reached at SMcgraw@diamondback.com

That's the thing, you would think when they say that they are on track for a NEW round of frames at least some people would have received theirs. Next to some pro's. Anyway, also heard that the new DI2 DA group is delayed, at least the hydraulic disc brakes, so need to wait anyway before it is perfect. Hope you get yours soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would think they

a) wouldn't be so foolish to give me a "99%" chance of delivery by March 1st, then continue to move the goal posts thereafter
b) would be able to verify whether the x/y of reality matches the fit coordinates on their site
c) wouldn't have such a patently broken fit calculator, or would remove the broken fit calculator upon realizing it is broken
d) would have given rappstar, a legitimate athlete, his bike before the scumbag loser they made their poster child
e) would have produced a white paper by now

I could go on. So far, this had been an utterly shit experience

A buddy of mine doesn't have a bike to ride in Oceanside as a result of this nonsense.

Hey DB, you douche bags -- figure out how to properly set expectations with your customers. That is kind of important in business
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did you place your order? I made mine on 1/30 and haven't received any updates. At the time I was told middle/late March, which I took to mean second week of April. I am currently VERY pessimistic about riding it at IM St. George on 5/6.

Did someone at the company really tell you that you had a 99% chance of receiving the bike by March first? If so, wow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
c) wouldn't have such a patently broken fit calculator, or would remove the broken fit calculator upon realizing it is broken

I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'1", 34.75" inseam, and long arms. So I shouldn't go with their fit calculator that recommended a size small?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe if they had limited their build options to 1.999.999 you would have yours already?

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a) does 99% equal 100%?
b) legit
c) legit
d) Rapp was signed much later than Weiss
e) legit
f) have you ever been an early adopter before?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
a) does 99% equal 100%?
b) legit
c) legit
d) Rapp was signed much later than Weiss
e) legit
f) have you ever been an early adopter before?

To be accurate, at this point...

d) He may not have had a lot of options due to companies slashing budgets and where he is in his career. Just like that Bahrain Team that generated so much indignation. These pro's have next to no opportunities to earn money and take it when it presents. That's why listening to Pro's choices is simply marketing.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
When did you place your order? I made mine on 1/30 and haven't received any updates. At the time I was told middle/late March, which I took to mean second week of April. I am currently VERY pessimistic about riding it at IM St. George on 5/6.

I ordered a full month before you. Email that Sean Mcgraw guy. If he doesn't respond within a couple days, email him again. He will respond eventually.

CCF wrote:
Did someone at the company really tell you that you had a 99% chance of receiving the bike by March first? If so, wow.

They did. Then it was 95%. Then it was 0%. All of this in a matter of a few weeks. But that's okay, because, you know -- they never said 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, does Rapp really not have a ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

You'd have to ask him that. He didn't as of a couple weeks ago.

Seems exceptionally odd to me that Diamondback provided a bike to stan long before they provided a bike to rappstar, especially considering stan refuses to issue a review of the thing, despite his promises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He just need to get his Dimond'back'

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
He just need to get his Dimond'back'

Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean, anyone having theirs? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

I have a Serios that I'm quite happy with. I expect the Andean will be a faster bike, in particular at low yaw, but I also think the Serios is a better bike than people give it credit for. It reminds me a lot of the Specialized Transition - a bike that people panned but which turned out to be pretty damn aero.

As far as listening to pros, I concur wholeheartedly. While I may be at a point in my career where I have fewer options, that's also true more generally due to contractions within the industry. So you might also argue that contracts are less lucrative, meaning that pros are more choosy rather than less. See Pete Jacobs buying a Ventum, for example. Likewise, I could argue that, in the last few years of my career, do I really want to ride a shitty bike just because a company pays me more? There are any number of plausible narratives that someone can make up to fit their perception of my decision making process or that of pros in general. I suppose you'll just have to weigh the credibility of those arguments against my own credibility (or lack thereof).

As I've said repeatedly, there is no "fastest" bike. There is, thankfully, a wide selection of very good bikes, in a wide range of fit options, that will likely sort themselves out differently over different yaw angles. I'd say, based at least on my experience both on the road and in the wind tunnel, that head positioning is the single most impactful thing you can do assuming that you have chosen a *GOOD* frame and have *OPTIMIZED YOUR FIT*. You need to pick a good helmet, but really a "good" helmet is the one that allows you put your head in the best position for the longest amount of time; helmets seem to be much more individual than frames are.

1. Get a good fit
2. But a good frame and put good wheels and tires on it.
3. Keep it clean (aerodynamically) with regards to spares and bottles
4. Keep it clean (lubrication-wise) with regards to drivetrain
5. Buy a few helmets and find the one that is the most comfortable and allows you to keep the best head position for the most amount of time
5a. If you have a couple equally good choices, then do some aero testing to see which is fastest.

Of course, it's probably best not to listen to me, because pros are notoriously full of shit...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply

Prev Next