Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Indicator LIghts
Quote | Reply
So I headed out for my first ride with my Di2 onboard my new Cervelo P Series. Unlike my previous ride, the system would not shift onto the big ring, just small ring, but all gears in that ring. I believe that is a low battery condition. My question is, when I press a shifter to check the battery (now charging), I get a solid green for a couple seconds, but then green and red flash together. I cannot find a good reference for what that means. Can anybody help? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Indicator LIghts [krafty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You probably need to be in synchro shift mode depending on how many buttons your shifters have (1 on each of the contact points?) - Press the button in the junction twice-quickly until you see the green and red flash 3 times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you check the Di2 battery level the LEDs on your junction box will first indicate the battery level (green = battery is 75% to 100% charged), turn off and then illuminate again to indicate the selected synchro-shift mode. The different modes are:

Red and green LEDs turn on for two seconds – manual shift
Red and green blink two times – synchronized shift mode 1
Red and green blink three times – synchronized shift mode 2

source https://di2center.com/...tly-asked-questions/
Last edited by: pwai: Oct 30, 19 23:03
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Indicator LIghts [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks this info and the website very helpful. Just a question - what is the difference between synch shift 1 and 2?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on whether or not someone has changed the settings, because you can fully customize modes (and set both 1 and 2 to full-synchro, for example).

The default setting for shift mode 1 is full synchro, meaning that the front derailleur will shift automatically once you reach certain points on the cassette.
Shift mode 2 is semi synchronized shifting - shift the rear derailleurs up/down 1-4 sprockets when you shift the front derailleur.

Note that your bike has to support synchronized shifting (6870 and up, provided you have the BT-DN110 battery or BM-DN100 ext. battery mount).

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Last edited by: TerryDi2C: Oct 31, 19 12:38
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Indicator LIghts [TerryDi2C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I am going with full synchro - so easy. My LBS is setting up the left lower buttons to scroll through my Garmin computer which would be cool.
Quote Reply