Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else experienced this problem? The leather covering the nose on my Arione saddle has completely delaminated so that the leather covering is loose and sticking up all around the nose of the saddle. Is there a glue or something that someone can recommend? The saddle is barely a year old and I'd hate to shell out the money to replace the damn thing a month before IMLP.
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes it happened to me. i used something called gorilla glue just b/c that was what was in the tool box and held it in place with small paper clips. it worked fine - i'd say perfectly - except that this type of glue expands and foams so it looks messy from underneath. has held up for about a week now.
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to a hobby shop and pick up some Zap Gel. This glue holds anything....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unacceptable for a $150 saddle. what were they thinkin'?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape is my personal favorite. Solves so many problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [M.E.T.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great solution if I got the saddle for free. No way on an astronomically-priced saddle.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tell everyone it's the new "chrome" model.

This only works if you live near Kentucky, tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, the leather around the nose has come loose and less than a year old. Have not tried to fix it just used some electrical tape for the time being.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you use vaseline under your shorts?
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Gorilla Glue is a trip. Must expand about ten times in volume. It holds stuff together, but not if you need them tight up against each other.
Quote Reply
Re: Delamination of Leather on the nose of my Arione Saddle [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to my local cobler and he recommended Barge Glue. It's the same stuff they use to repair shoe leather and afix rubber to leather etc etc. I bought some and used as directed and the saddle looks good as new. Tomorrow I ride 50 miles with it in the sweltering heat of NYC, so we'll see if this works or not.

I let evryone know.

BTW: I also called Bike Mine today too (the US distributor of Fizik) and the guy on the phone was very nice and offered to let me send it back for a replacement, but with IMLP coming up real fast, I can't be without a saddle for 2 weeks waiting for a replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you consider letting the cobbler do it? Special tools, leather pullers to make it tight, little staples, etc.?
Quote Reply