Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Death on Mt Lemmon
Quote | Reply
Have been planning a trip to go ride Mt. Lemmon. Until running into a gentleman that was on scene for a crash and death, never considered the possibility. First sorry to hear about it, but how often does it happen?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Death on Mt Lemmon [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not often enough to be of concern. Just ride within your limits. Dont go screaming back down because there are some sharp turns and steep drops.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The winds can really whip around up there. There have been times on the down hill that I was going slower than up hill due to wind issues. I love the climb.

Sorry to hear about the death.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reports say it occurred near Rose Canyon lake and that the cyclist lost control on a curve and crashed. Sad to hear. There are certainly steep descents on Lemmon but Rose Canyon isn't one of them. As stated previously this doesn't happen very often at all. Know your limits and stay far from them on the decent. Also, make sure that you're bike is mechanically sound.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rarely do people crash on that descent. I can think of 3 people I know who have done so. 2 hit rocks and lost control and one was tackled by an irate driver.

did you actually run into the 2 cyclists who were helping the crash victim? They are both friends of mine.

EDIT: those 3 crashes were in the 15 years I've lived in AZ. Any given day weekend day there are >100 cyclists on the mtn. Motorcycles & cars probably crash more often then cyclists.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 30, 13 5:23
Quote Reply