Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona
Quote | Reply
can someone list the ironman's dave did other than kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure of the year or the specific location but he did Ironman Japan one year and broke 8 hours there.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did race in Japan but didn't break 8hrs. He went 8h01. The first guy to break 8hrs was Lothar Leder in 1996, in Roth.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, was close. Notice I didn't go into the whole press van issue from that race also.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I remember a very interesting story about Dave's 8:01 in Japan in 1989. His wife was about to deliver their first baby (so that's stress in and of itself).

He had two very unusual training days in Japan right before the race -- one was a bike ride with another pro (Ray Browning??? -- not sure) when they went out for a 30 mile ride to loosen up their legs, got LOST, and ended up doing 100 miles to get back to the hotel. Then the next day, Dave went out for a "short swim" in the ocean but was carried out by currents and spent two hours fighting to get back to shore.

I have to smile when I think about that and then wonder about nailing my taper. Maybe one or two days before an event we should all just go out and HAMMER! (Although, none of us are Dave!)

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Scott Ironman events other than Kona [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not like the 7h57 of Leder was super clean either...you should hear his own description of the race on the bike...no van, but a lot of motorbikes.
Quote Reply