Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dash Aero Combo Seatpost
Quote | Reply
Anyone with any experience with this product? How was your ability to match your position (fore/aft), weight, etc?

http://www.dashcycles.com/aero-post-combo

I didn't see any threads about this from searching but swear there has to be one on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Aero Combo Seatpost [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I have been using a Dash Aero seatpost combo for the last two years (Trek TTX and Trek Speed Concept Gen2). I absolutely love it. It is really light and very adjustable. You can adjust fore and aft positions by about 3 inches each way. You can also adjust the tilt just like your normal seat post, if not more so.
I used to have chaffing on my thighs from saddle rub, hence I switched over to Dash based on my fitters recommendation and the saddle resolved my chaffing. As an added bonus, I can finally run a rear water bottles from Dash's new rear water bottle mounts. The rear hydration mount came out in July and I think I got one of the first batches because the carbon flexes too much and is beginning to break. I emailed the company three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back in regards to warranty.
Pros:
Super light
Comfortable saddle
Fully Adjustable
You can run Dash's new rear hydration mount now

Cons:
Super expensive (but well worth it in my opinion)
New hydration mount not too well built
Hard to get a hold of customer service
If you do place an order, expect to receive product after a month or so with no updates from company.

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Aero Combo Seatpost [rlem7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great feedback. Thanks. I saw that mount on facebook. Looks ideal. I emailed them and they were very fast to respond. Maybe I just got lucky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe some one know if the Ventum One seatpost combo version will fit old Cervelo P5 (2013 model)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it as well and love it. Using it on a P5D and PX... a little harder for me to get the position right on the PX as I need to slam it back as far as possible but I managed. It's a great piece of equipment and I like having two rear bottles. Weston at Dash is also excellent to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one, ordered for my Dimond, but was not able to get the seat low enough because of the way the seatpost flares. The company was pretty nice about it, sent me a Cervelo seatpost that I have on a trainer bike. It's a pretty nice post/saddle combo, very sleek/aero looking. I wasn't super keen on the hydration attachment, seemed like it put the BTS bottle high and far behind the saddle, but flipping through their Facebook photo page just now, wondering if I put it on upside down. The saddle has a fair bit of fore/aft adjustment and it can tilt as well. I wouldn't worry about positioning unless you have an unusual position. Weight is quite low, per all Dash products ... on their FB page they show a photo of the complete thing with hydration weighing 316g.

I don't really need or use mine, would let go relatively cheaply if someone wants it.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Aero Combo Seatpost [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so y’all know this is from 2016.

I’ve been using mine since about this time and wouldn’t trade it for anything. It was about a pound lighter than the adamo and stock seatpost.
Quote Reply