Sweet bike! I love seeing the P4 going up
against newer rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Sweet bike! I love seeing the P4 going up
against newer rides.

Is there a link or a photo or some context missing?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a Google search and found one pic from oceanside.
https://goo.gl/images/LHHEZU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few of us who have recently built up P4s for this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a picture in the ocean side article on the main page but I also have one I can't get to load. I believe there are other pics floating around from before as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BhHlq_1HuQ0/

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my Np3 and was up in the air between a P4 and Felt DA. I got the DA but the P4 is awesome. Do you have any pictures of yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I rescued it from a friends basement last year after it had been collecting dust for 4-5 years. I love new bike gear as much as anyone, but think the costs are insane.

I had my wheels and bike bag stolen last week so I borrowed a Flo 90 front and taped on a rear disc cover for Oceanside.

Oceanside setup

IMMT 2017

IMMT 2017

Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Thanks for the spank bank material;)
Prices are crazy but hard to go wrong Flo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BeBTuomDVbc/

3t Ventus II Ltd Bars
Force 1 group
808/Disc
TriRig alpha X front brake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I couldn't get a Flo to fit on the rear, I have the original rear brake and couldn't get it open wide enough. I don't think I'll find another Renn disc, so I was looking for a pre-firecrest 1080, but I think I'll end up with an 808.

The P4 can be a little finicky, between the seat post, rear brake, and chain stays, but when it's dialed in it's a sweet ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is very similar. Sold my P5 and “downgraded” to a bike that is faster for me. Changed out the extensions to the zipp 15 degree tilt and tilted the pads on the vents II - fast and comfortable.

A super 9 fits in mine with up to a 24mm tire.

Last edited by: Orbilius: Apr 11, 18 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what you call wet dream.

Cervelo if you are listening bring back the P4 with a few changes. Better Tire clearance. Fix the rear brake. Leave the stack and reach the same and put a different front fork on that's a little wider with a hidden brake behind the fork similar to Giants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it were me, I'd search for any flat disc not just a Renn.
If you want more info on why PM me

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I couldn't get a Flo to fit on the rear, I have the original rear brake and couldn't get it open wide enough. I don't think I'll find another Renn disc, so I was looking for a pre-firecrest 1080, but I think I'll end up with an 808.

The P4 can be a little finicky, between the seat post, rear brake, and chain stays, but when it's dialed in it's a sweet ride.
Zipp 900 will work fine on that bike as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for a Zipp 900. Nice thing about Renn was they were cheap as far as race wheels go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why can't you get another Renn? Did they go out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Why can't you get another Renn? Did they go out?

Seems like they're still in business, but a couple years ago there were lot for sale in the classifieds, and I haven't seen any in a while. But if anyone has a clincher they're looking to sell, I'm interested!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on a handful of testing ive seen, including my own, the P4 could we be the fastest bike out there for all yaws outside of Kona.

Its super narrow, optimised for +5-5 deg of yaw, its only really Kona where you spend a good chunk of time outside of this, hence the speed of the P5 a few other bikes.

Pair a p4 with the ventus. a tri rig front brake and sigma stem and you cant go far wrong!
Last edited by: TriByran: Apr 12, 18 3:43
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't someone working on a rear brake solution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine works absolutely fine, you just need to set it up properly and use the right flexy outer and rigid combo at the bottom end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Really? I used a Flo30 with a cover no problem. But I have the 2011, you seem to have the 2009.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Wasn't someone working on a rear brake solution?

Yep. doublea334. He 3d-printed an adapter plate allowing you to mount a tririg or magura brake. I've got the adapted; waiting for the tririg.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss my P4. They are the best looking bikes ever when setup properly (ventus, deep section black wheels). The only issue I ever had was the brakes sucked, but, breaking happens 5 times in an IM?

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Clarke's P4 [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I have a 2009. I’ve been holding out to see how the bracket works out before deciding to go that route, or get the 2011 version of the brake. I even have issues with a wheel cover rubbing unless the non driveside is perfectly flush on the spokes. A flat disc solved thIs until it was stolen in March.

I do really like the bike when it’s set up just right!
Quote Reply

Prev Next