Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dan's article, QR carbon, and cervelo
Quote | Reply
Dan ends his most recent article with this:

"QR now joins Guru as the only company using all big three frame materials: titanium, carbon and aluminum. This, due to the introduction of the all-carbon Lucero. At first I was skeptical. What is a titanium company doing making a carbon bike? But then, the Merlin brand has been carbonated to an increasing degree over the past 4 or 5 years. And, the Lucero seems to have been a remarkably well-executed first try at a monocoque."

gerard states this in his cyclingnews interview;

"On the other hand, most of the composite frames, so far, have come from just a couple of factories. They throw in a little difference in a couple of the tubes to make it look different, but beyond that it's the same structure. You'd think that everyone would try to differentiate themselves, but they don't. Two years ago you could say 'this is carbon, it's something new'. But now there are a lot of carbon bikes on the market, it's like the companies are using it as 'black aluminium'," he said.

Does merlin's work with carbon carry over to martecs factory? (of course, this bring up the question of where merlins carbon comes from) Would the Lucero be one of the frames Gerard is refering too?
Quote Reply
Re: Dan's article, QR carbon, and cervelo [somedouchebag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well uuuh eeer, if you look closely enough the P3C is exactly the same as the other carbon TT triathlon bikes.

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dan's article, QR carbon, and cervelo [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm inclined to believe that Gerard was speaking mostly of things that we can't see in the frames. Its not too far of a stretch to believe that frames coming out of the same factory are built using mostly the same structure and construction techniques.

I would, however, like to know just what it is that Gerard believes sets his P3C apart, because, as you note...to the naked eye, there isn't much difference from other carbon offerings, outside of the obvious P3 shape.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan's article, QR carbon, and cervelo [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His has Zipp 808's.
Quote Reply