Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DIY rerouting of Plasma TT
Quote | Reply
Hi there

I'm new on here so go easy on me!
I'm after purchasing a Scott Plasma Premium as I will only be running standard cables and not Di2.
Also I will not be running front mech operation .

My question is , could I purchase a Plasma tt instead (lot cheaper options and availability) instead of the Premium version and reroute and internal rear gear cable?
Somehow I would have to have a cable stop fitted after internally exiting the stem then the inner rear gear cable would feed down the down tube .
Looking at pictures it seems another cable stop could be applied in the exit hole just before the rear drop out where the Di2 cable exits but unsure if there could still be a clean routing around the BB area.
I don't have to worry about rerouting a front cable as I won't be using one.

I know there has been some mention of Plasmas on here but can't seem to find if this has been mentioned before, if so , pictures would be great.

Many thanks

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: DIY rerouting of Plasma TT [joelw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a nightmare to me. The problem I see is there is not inner cable guides so you'd be better off running full length housing from front to back. I'm not sure about the exit hole on the chainstays and if it would accommodate 4mm der housing.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply