Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling gloves and stem mounted wireless bike computer.....
Quote | Reply
Need a new pair of cycling gloves and also interested in a stem mounted bike computer. I have worn PI gel in the past, but have heard they *ain't what they used to be* these days.
As far as a bike computer, I just want it to be wireless and designed w/ a stem mount . I don't care about cadence function.

Ideas?
Thanks,
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling gloves and stem mounted wireless bike computer..... [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my PI gloves, specially the "race gloves" with no padding. Tried the new Sugoi gloves which were nice and had a funky reverse wrist closure which btw was a little too stiff for me. I've never really had a bad glove before...
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling gloves and stem mounted wireless bike computer..... [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pet peeve on cycling gloves is that tht top piece of the velcro turns up--it doesn't stay flat.

I can't think of a reason not to have cadence, except maybe off-road, but that is up to you. The Cateye Double Wireless picks up all info from the rear wheel and left crank, and can be used on a trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a CicloSport CM411 recently, you can install it either on the bars or on the stem (where I have it). It's got the usual goodies (current/avg/max speed, daily/total distance, ride time, clock, but no cadence. Not expensive, just a basic wireless stem-mount.

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek has a cycling computer with a big display and big numbers for us visually challenged riders. It can be stem mounted. They have both wired and wireless. I actually prefer the wired version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to run with PI Gel-Lite, but they changed the design and now I have nothing good to say about that model. PI does have a cotton-knit back old-school looking glove that I picked up that I am loving. At half the price of the gel-lite, I think that it is easily twice the glove.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mavic Wintech has a stem mount, and is probably the "cleanest" look you can have for a bike computer sense it is wireless and the sensor is empeded in a skewer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Cateye Cordless without cadence on a stem mount on my Kestrel, which was a very neat looking unit and once the unit is set up it is very reliable. I also have the Cateye double cordless on the Kuota which is an overly complex system with an underly complex handbook. I may be going back to the standard one without cadence soon. It gets my vote for performance, aesthetics and price.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair of PI gloves and so far so good. Also I just bought a cateye micro cordless that has a stem mount or bar mount. The display is small but not to small. It has no cadance, the only place I could find it was on ebay and bought it brand new from a buy it now seller. I bought it for less then you can get an astrale 8.
Quote Reply