Re: Cycling fit [Bonmaklad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's a joke on this forum but your seat is actually too high by about 25mm. Setback isn't bad if you can hold that spot - if it gets uncomfortable on that saddle then we will have to reassess. Once you drop the saddle 25mm or so you can drop the front about 30mm AND move the entire front end forward ~15-20mm too - this will very likely require a new stem.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
I know it's a joke on this forum but your seat is actually too high by about 25mm. Setback isn't bad if you can hold that spot - if it gets uncomfortable on that saddle then we will have to reassess. Once you drop the saddle 25mm or so you can drop the front about 30mm AND move the entire front end forward ~15-20mm too - this will very likely require a new stem.

Ian

Bah!!! Someone just raised my saddle a few weeks ago.

OK. Back down it goes.

Drop the front? Is that the handle bars? Hmm never moved those before

Move front forward hmmm. Stem hmm. OK. I'll look for a longer?? Stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have 3 ways of lowering your handlebars and #1 is a maybe..
1) pull out any spacers that are imediatly under your armrests - I say "maybe" here 'cause I'm not sure you have any
2) flip that stem - right now it's pointing up at +6deg angle. If you flip it to a -6deg angle the bars will drop ~20mm
3) leave the stem pointing up (many of us hate that aesthetic BTW but that's just snobbery) and pull 2x10mm spacers out from under that stem and put 'em on top.

By the way, it kinda seems like you might want a mechanic to do the things I'm mentioning????

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonmaklad wrote:

Drop the front? Is that the handle bars?

The pads are usually the measuring point. You want to moves those forward, which with your bars looks like it probably requires a new stem. In general a vertical drop from the shoulder to the pads is considered about as short as you want. And your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders.

Also your garage. Damn.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
You have 3 ways of lowering your handlebars and #1 is a maybe..
1) pull out any spacers that are imediatly under your armrests - I say "maybe" here 'cause I'm not sure you have any
2) flip that stem - right now it's pointing up at +6deg angle. If you flip it to a -6deg angle the bars will drop ~20mm
3) leave the stem pointing up (many of us hate that aesthetic BTW but that's just snobbery) and pull 2x10mm spacers out from under that stem and put 'em on top.

By the way, it kinda seems like you might want a mechanic to do the things I'm mentioning????

Ian

I'm trying to learn 😂😊ðŸ˜

I changed the crankset like a big boy 😀
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Bonmaklad wrote:

Drop the front? Is that the handle bars?

The pads are usually the measuring point. You want to moves those forward, which with your bars looks like it probably requires a new stem. In general a vertical drop from the shoulder to the pads is considered about as short as you want. And your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders.

Also your garage. Damn.

OK. I'll give this a go a little bit later. Maybe order a new stem, what size do I look for?

Garage hahahaha. Yeah, just moved and this garage is my storage 🤣🤣🤣
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian suggested 15 to 20mm longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Ian suggested 15 to 20mm longer.

Awesome, I missed that. Ill go measure and see what I can buy :+ðŸ˜

Thanks guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright. How we looking?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better!

It's worth noting for the others that you have your A race in five weeks (70.3), so there is limited time to adapt to significant changes. The best aero position is the one you can hold for 90k.

You're a lot less bunched up on the front end in the new position, which is a big improvement.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Better!

It's worth noting for the others that you have your A race in five weeks (70.3), so there is limited time to adapt to significant changes. The best aero position is the one you can hold for 90k.

You're a lot less bunched up on the front end in the new position, which is a big improvement.

Cool. I can sit in any position for 4 hours. It's cool. If this is how it's meant to be, then sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you got that sorted out - now you have time to clean up the garage.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling fit [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Glad you got that sorted out - now you have time to clean up the garage.

Hahahaha
Quote Reply