Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Trimeon
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you consider a European coach ? Speaks perfect English.

I know one guy that does several world tour guys and some amateurs.

His athletes won a few classics and a TDF stage in 2018.
Last edited by: marcag: Nov 7, 18 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would recommend Kurt Bickel

keen eye for the details, both for bike racing and for ITT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Heath Dotson. He’s one of the aero camp guys. Posts under a goofy name if I remember correctly. Started using him in the beginning of 2018.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for in a cycling coach

I’ve been thinking about one for awhile ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
Any suggestions on a solid cycling coach, hard to find a needle in a hay stack.
www.cycle-smart.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, location not a big deal for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
Any suggestions on a solid cycling coach, hard to find a needle in a hay stack.

This is way too open-ended. What sort of interaction do you want? What's your history with structured training? How much time to you have to put together workouts/plans, and then analyze performance afterwards? How much understanding of established training principles do you have, and how much do you want to read up on new ideas, digest them, and try them on yourself?

Everyone here is going to recommend their friend who is a coach, and some will be good, some will be idiots with a cracker jack box coaching license, and you'll have a new haystack from which you need to find the needles again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Jason Hess over at Kinetic Fitness Coaching for about 5 weeks and am happy so far. I interviewed a few guys and asked around but at the end of the day he was coaching a lot of the guys who were beating me so I figured if I can't beat 'em I might as well join them!

http://www.kineticfitnesscoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see adding more info but your suggestions really... If I am paying someone I shouldnt have to read up on new ideas, if your paying someone to coach you and they dont look at your files its not coaching.

My issue is there are so many coaches out there, which from a long glance most arent qualified they may carry a USAC level but I have seen that material and I am pretty up to date on research I dont like to self coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
I can see adding more info but your suggestions really... If I am paying someone I shouldnt have to read up on new ideas, if your paying someone to coach you and they dont look at your files its not coaching.

My issue is there are so many coaches out there, which from a long glance most arent qualified they may carry a USAC level but I have seen that material and I am pretty up to date on research I dont like to self coach.

That's what I'm getting at. If you don't want to do the digging then you want a coach that's more immersed in learning, etc. And some coaches prescribe a plan, but give limited feedback, or don't adjust upcoming workouts based on performance in previous ones. That sort of coaching is going to be less common and more $$. And I didn't call out USAC Level 1 as cracker jack box certification, you did! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha yeah just saying dont care if certified by USAC or any

Want a coach that is solid so does what they should as a coach so I felt those are a given so no need to state but I want a coach who has coached successfully Cat 1/2 roadies which includes race tactics, understanding how to use strengths during races, seeing where I need to make changes to various aspects of me as a rider to be more successful- from cadences to whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
would recommend Kurt Bickel

keen eye for the details, both for bike racing and for ITT.

I echo this one. I just started with Kurt, and I'm already impressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon,

Where are you located? If you are in the Colorado area I will have some spots opening up after CX season (about a month away). I only Coach competitive racers in the Colorado area. Power files and comments don't tell you much about what it takes for an athlete to win a race. To do a good job training someone to excel at racing you got to watch them race at least a few time a season. I learn more on how to train an athlete for mass start races by watching them race than any other factor.

Trimeon wrote:
haha yeah just saying dont care if certified by USAC or any

Want a coach that is solid so does what they should as a coach so I felt those are a given so no need to state but I want a coach who has coached successfully Cat 1/2 roadies which includes race tactics, understanding how to use strengths during races, seeing where I need to make changes to various aspects of me as a rider to be more successful- from cadences to whatever.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
disciplines? Road? TT? MTB?

Adam at Cycle-smart is good.
Steve at Bell Lap is good.
Heath at 3D is good.

Im good:-)

A few folks with specific niches. Give me more intel on contact needed, goals, etc. I can give you more intel. Been in the game since 1997.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a thing or two about high end racing and training and I think I could help you and with the CDN to USD exchange its practically free!

http://www.peakformcoaching.com

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Coach (single sport) [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road so focus is hard road races, stage races, some crits here and there. Cat 2 kinda unattached
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
Road so focus is hard road races, stage races, some crits here and there. Cat 2 kinda unattached

what is it lacking from Williams Racing Academy that makes you want to look elsewhere? You gave a ringing endorsement as lately as January of this year. Do you need someone to dissect your past training, someone to provide keen eyes on how you could prepare better, or someone who can guide you on the technical stuff?

Others are right to question why we give out endorsements. As for Kurt (whom I recommended), yes, he's a friend, but he's also my coach. His clients include elite master level racers who have done very well at the national level. He himself got 2nd place at Master Nats in the 50-55 ITT. Keen eye for the detail, but also very shrewd when it comes to tactics.

For me personally, the thing that he provided was training that I didn't want to do but I needed to do, and quite a bit of this deviated from what would allow one to have high power numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right, ok. so fitness will be a key focus but also freelance tactics and opportunistic racing. In a hard RR with 50-60 dudes, lots with teams you will need to have a basic and flexible plan of "how, when, why" to attack, cover and sit in. sometimes it's wits, not watts.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply