Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Base Building Help
Quote | Reply
I am 50 yr old, and did a half couple years ago and did bike in 3.5 hours. Unfortunately due to circumstances , I have not biked at all really since then. I am seeking some guidance on the best way to build a solid base as I am looking to do another half next summer. I have heard of the Maffetone approach of staying close to maximum aerobic effort, but that approach as been around a long time, still relevant, or are other approaches better? I have also heard of using intervals and training in sweet sport zone. I am not sure which approach to use, and don't want to follow the wrong approach and not maximize my effort. I would be thinking of 3-4 hours a week. I had wondered about 2 more intense workouts per week around 85% of FTP, and one longer more aerobic ride. Thoughts? Insights?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Base Building Help [wanna_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you heard of Trainerroad.com?

You can get a subscription to their service and get access to bike workouts and distance specific training plans.

Once you select a training plan you just do the weekly specified workouts. They build up duration and intensity.

There's thread here on Slowtwitch dedicated to anything related to Trainerroad https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ad.com_P3560133-185/

You should post your current bike fitness status and future goals (include a date or even a goal event) there and ask them to provide some feedback on how to incorporate their service to help you achieve your plan.

Good luck!
Quote Reply