Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom aerobars?
Quote | Reply
Anybody know of any custom aerobar manufacturers?
Quote Reply
Re: Custom aerobars? [PSendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you be more specific?

materials, use, etc.

-g
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen people make custom extensions by welding copper water pipes together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've customized every bar I've ever used, though I never did start from scratch. Would be an interesting project though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why custom? Do you have some sort of a special application for these? There are a wide range of stock aerobars out there that fit every need. Some of them are very adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for,as a machinist i have made many different types for myself over the twenty years of riding,i used to build frames and custom stems also.Randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do, what do you need?

Steven Harad

Aero- Concepts

www.aero-concepts.com
Quote Reply
Re: Custom aerobars? [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking that I would like something that fits me exactly, assuming I have dialed in my position optimally (which I may or may not have done). I've seen the Llewellyn bars. They are sweet, but I think in the $1000+ range.

I like the idea of the Ti bars (I actually applied for sponsorship from Aero concepts back when you first showed us photos of your project, sharad...ha-ha...), but I'd rather see one in person before passing judjement.

I have traditionally liked the stiffness of one-piece units, but the weight tends to be high, and the potential for failure exists at every junction (my Oval aluminums just cracked at the welds on the extensions).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a Ritchey Pro adjustable stem, and set of HED bars, with the various Oval extensions (single bend, double bend, straght or S bend) will be a better option, cheaper, lighter, proven.
Quote Reply