Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Curious: What If?
Quote | Reply
I am curious if one of the stars of our sport changed shoe sponsors if this would generate very much news or discussion.

We recently had one of the star athletes in the sport change bike sponsors and it seemed generated at least 3 three seperate threads and a significant amount of discussion and debate.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends on what shose the pro changed to.

For example if one of the lady pros changed from, say, Sidi T1s to Candies Pumps - bet it would garner a rather large amount of attention.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt people care that an athlete changed a bike. It is to do with a person who changed from a Cervelo. How could he replace a Cervelo? Everyone knows that when Lessing changed from a Yaqqi he did the right thing -because he was choosing a Cervelo. But how could he change from a Cervelo - it must be the money. Why would anyone, given the choice, will not choose the best bike that has ever been created? Why does Gordo ride a Trek - what is wrong with him? Does he need psychotherapy or some other intervention? And he does not ride steep, neither did Lessing – catastrophic.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [baruch spinoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baruch spinoza,

What you have posted is blasphemy!

Expect an inquisition to ultimately revoke your membership on the SlowTwitch forum.

Sorry to see your limited future here. I enjoyed your post.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
remember any discussion here when Lessing left Nike for Asics or when Lori left adidas for Asics ?(looks like ShawnF likes good runners :-) )
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I do like good runners, since we're promoting running shoes, but I also like good people who understand the sport and the business. You can add Cam Widoff, The Baron, Macca, Natasha Filliol, and Desiree Ficker to that list. And I've got my eye on a couple more...they know who they are. ; )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have ridden with my running shoes last weekend ;-)

Macca as in chris mc cormack? is it 2005 or he was already with asics in 2004?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My triathlon idol uses Saucony Hurricane and apparently he has to buy them via the internet. And there was some discussion about it on the web quiet recently.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca, as in Chris McCormack, The Baron, and Natasha are new for '05.

Shawn

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's good! a good bunch of people!

Darn...the Baron, Lessing, Lori...what's the goal?

"In 2005, 100% of fastest runs off the bike were done in Asics" ? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much. And hopefully, they win a few races in the process.

Shawn

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Natasha sure switches around quite a bit...she must be the Simon Lessing of shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To clarify - Candies does not make pumps, they make slides. It's much easier to run in pumps! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no never run in pumps - I know from experience - once in college I got real drunk and stole my girlfirends pumps - drank beer out of them then put them on and ran home. twisted my ankle real bad.

No no never run in pumps - I just though one of the pro women could ride in them. Then change in T2 and run in the flats. don't want anyone to break a toe or anything.

;}

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny, because despite all the discussion here and elsewhere about the bike, in a competitive triathlon, with a few exceptions, it comes down to the run.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It comes down to the run only in the sense that the run comes last. If the run was second and the bike last (which I have done a few times in triathlons), it would come down to the bike. It is true that only the run can produce a sprint finish. It does not make much sense to sprint to the end of the swim or the bike (unless there is a prize for first).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

I would posit that part of it also that there is little adjustability in shoes. While I can adjust multiple things on a Cervelo or a Guru to make it "fit", there is nothing I can do to a pair of Asics to make them less wide in the toe. (The obvious exception is New Balance)

Additionally there is of course the limited life span of shoes and the lack of "sex appeal"....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agree....something paulo made me realize :-)
doesn't really matter how fast you can go on the bike...what matters is how fast can you go and be easy and then run for real...because let's face it...
2.50 isn't fast...it's just steady but it's not fast really...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ShawnF-

I miss the old Gel Verdicts from 02-03...why did they mess w/ that great shoe?

It sent me to Nke..which are good too.

They're so good that everytime one pops up on Ebay..I notice they go for a lot more money than the new version.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: What If? [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mono-tongue design just didn't work like we had hoped. It made the shoe fit too tight, it didn't breath well and so on. I think you're probably in the minority ; ), most people didn't like them and much prefer the newer version, GEL-Flash DS.

Shawn

Quote Reply