Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Culprit Arm pad pre order
Quote | Reply
Hi ST.

I have pulled the trigger and opened tooling on my arm pad design.

Here is the arm pad spacing, dimensions, etc. It will be made in carbon and yes includes the pads

My pricing is going to be 129 USD retail plus shipping. Will keep shipping at 15-20 USD max globally ( Just increased from my FB post since my supplier got final drawings and production costs more)
I will start pre orders for the first production which will deliver at the end of March or early April due to I need time to ride test first samples and then the factory is closed for a month for Chinese New Year.

Pre order pricing will be 99 USD plus shipping with a 50 % deposit for the first 100 pairs

If you want to pre order you can PM me your email and shipping info so I can send you an invoice.

The design fits 4,5, 6 mm bolts and has a huge range of bolt spacing to fit most brands on the market. It is also designed to be cut shorter for smaller riders to get the right portion of their forearm supported that they want and nothing more. The only arm pad made to be cut by a consumer. 60 mm of options

Any questions ask away. Final weight will be published once I get the carbon riding samples mid December.

Thank you

Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks nice. I just got the D2Z extensions and I'm waiting for my new aerobars. I was planning on something like these cups to make something that is similar to a speedbar (with the D2Z bars). The fact that the length can be cut might make all the difference in making it all fit together properly.

1. Could you share a front profile shot to show the curvature?
2. What is the pad material and thickness?
3. Will it work with 20mm spacing? Looks like it might have to go to a spot with two adjacent long holes and won't allow for rotation, but that's not the end of the world.
4. What is the pad stack dimension?

Looks good!
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Looks nice. I just got the D2Z extensions and I'm waiting for my new aerobars. I was planning on something like these cups to make something that is similar to a speedbar (with the D2Z bars). The fact that the length can be cut might make all the difference in making it all fit together properly.

1. Could you share a front profile shot to show the curvature?

Pic attached
2. What is the pad material and thickness?
Pad material still discussing with different suppliers. Since lower volume than planned, may just go with a cutting mold and neoprene or a TPR Foam option. Meeting suppliers to discuss and check/test materials soon. Regardless will have partical cut marks at the same places as cut marks so its easier to cut to match the base. Looking at 8-10 mm thickness
3. Will it work with 20mm spacing? Looks like it might have to go to a spot with two adjacent long holes and won't allow for rotation, but that's not the end of the world.
What aerobar uses 20 mm spacing? pic? May need to go adjacent as mentioned..

4. What is the pad stack dimension?

base of pad to the center of the pad where foam will start is 9.5 mm. I made sure there was plenty of carbon below bolts, 5 mm to ensure no matter what bolt pattern you will have enough material strength to work safely. Then the extra is above for bolts to be hidden or curvature of cup.

Looks good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
What aerobar uses 20 mm spacing? pic? May need to go adjacent as mentioned..

Thanks for the info

TriRig and past 3T models use 20mm spacing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great! Couple of questions: When will they actually be available for consumers (those who order on official release)? How are these to be cut for those of us that don't have a carbon saw at home - assume we need to go to a shop, get the fit done etc? Assume that the design fits a 4mm bolt to start, then consumers have to drill them to fit 5 & 6mm options as desired?
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pre order will get first priority who deposit by the end of November.
Then we will have full price available around April/May
You do NOT need to drill any holes....
It is designed to fit 6 mm, 5 mm and 4 mm bolts. 4 mm requires a provided washer

To cut, you will just need a hacksaw. You are cutting through 3.5 mm of carbon with a cut marker on both side, so likely 3 mm of carbon. Use a good blade on your hacksaw and then sand/file edges more rounded and its a job that most can do at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does it fit both a 5 and 6mm bolt in the same home without any play? And you aren't worried about the carbon splintering (given that it's pretty small!) with a normal saw?
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bolt area is flat surface, not tapered. 6.5 mm spacing. we will provide bolts for all sizes..

cutting. won't know til we test samples. but most bike shops cut steerer tubes with a park tool hacksaw and a guide.

https://www.parktool.com/product/hacksaw-saw-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of curious why the bolt holes aren't centered in the pad?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Offset design. So you can swap left, right for a larger fit range. There’s a 1 and 2 version. Both pads not the same
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice Job! This is solid work!

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you go to pre-order?
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [Yosa125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yosa125 wrote:
Where do you go to pre-order?

+1 same question here

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Private message me. Tomorrow during my daytime hours I will be sending out PayPal invoices for the deposit.

Please include email and shipping info.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait for these.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you

We are at 30 pre sold with most of those going to ST members

There will be only the first 100 pairs at 99 USD then pricing jumps to 129 USD plus shipping.

Remember, they are shipping from Taiwan

Thanks

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the first out of the mold. Need to make some small refinements to mold to make easier to remove from the molds.

Final weight should be around 125 grams per cup painted

https://imgur.com/YL9Q1Rb

IF someone can help me upload for the life of me I cannot...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Here is the first out of the mold. Need to make some small refinements to mold to make easier to remove from the molds.

Final weight should be around 125 grams per cup painted

https://imgur.com/YL9Q1Rb

IF someone can help me upload for the life of me I cannot...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Dec 2, 19 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in the cups. They look promising, but I've got a question.

In you drawings, the base/downside of the cups look kubic / square, with the bolt holes even / flat. The finished sample (picture on the scale) shows the bolt holes in a curved pattern (following the form of the cup). Does this mean that choosing bolt holes more on the side will result in a rotation of the cups? I'd love to have the outer site of the cups a bit higher (to get locked in more). This looks possible by choosing the inner bolt holes for fixing the cups to my spacers...

I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but I hope you get my quesion... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's bolts. flat surface

firs 4,5,6 mm bolts

https://imgur.com/a/ZUdmvRY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
here's bolts. flat surface

firs 4,5,6 mm bolts

https://imgur.com/a/ZUdmvRY

Thnx for the reply. I now understand that the pic on the scale is a bit 'misleading' (at least to my untrained eye) :)

Any chance there will be a version with 'higher' sides of the cups? I'd love to be more locked-in.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's similar to 51 speedshop and profile ergo cups. not the race cup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's the pad on a pro missile. huge difference vrs original pads

https://ibb.co/0jQfk2t
Quote Reply

Prev Next