Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cube Aerium C:68 2016/7 Reviews?
Quote | Reply
Hi all, first post here although been a browser for a while.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a review of the 2016 or 17 versions of the Cube Aerium C:68? Preferably from a trusted source...!

Failing that (or in addition!) has anyone ridden one that give any opinions on it? I'm particularly interested in how the frame in particular rides/handles and how easy the bike is to work on/adjust etc. I'm less bothered about component specs/storage options etc at this stage.

I currently have a Cervelo S5 that I'm getting fed up of swapping between road and tri setups every week and I therefore considering finally biting the bullet and commiting to a tri bike. I realise it will be quite a jump in setup/fit which is why I ask about adjustability in particular.

There's a few options on my list but the Aerium is the only one I can't seem to find any separate reviews of at all (which is probably reason enough to avoid it!)

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cube Aerium C:68 2016/7 Reviews? [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this. As am interested given the bike is out a few years if there is any first hand experience with the bike handling, comfort and aerodynamics associated
Quote Reply
Re: Cube Aerium C:68 2016/7 Reviews? [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one exactly do you mean? Cube has had a somewhat confusing naming throughout the years, with C:68 name being attributed to several different TT/Tri bikes.

If you're looking at C:68SLT, I can reiterate my opinion of this to be the most underrated rim brake tri-superbike there is.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Hello%2C_can_you_tell_me_about_the_cube_aerium_c68_slt_low_P6924786

I wouldn't bother looking at older versions (pre-SLT) of it.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Cube Aerium C:68 2016/7 Reviews? [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Polo,

I love this bike; I would NEVER buy one.

The Magura hydraulic brakes have been a sh&t show from the beginning for so many Cervelo P5 riders. My bike was initially fine for about 5 years, but so many people have had issues with the brakes that people would approach me at events with "hey, have your brakes been problematic?" It's definitely a "thing."

Mine started to have issues. I live in Taiwan. Magura factory is in Taiwan. They "fixed" it. 5 times now. And still not fixed. I do not think these rim brakes are even manufactured anymore to the benefit of any would be future customers that will not have to deal with them. That will make fixing them even harder, and depending on where you live, perhaps impossible. My bike shop is super skill and has never had to send anything back to the manufacturer for repair other than these brakes.

Rim brakes are already yesterday's tech, and these one are just a PITA from start to finish...for travel, for reliability, and they do not even work terribly well in when they are functioning correctly.

Don't do it.
Quote Reply