Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well!
Quote | Reply
I was watching one of Rory Mckernan videos from the CF games and he mentioned that with the new format a couple of the bigger names (Sam Briggs, Sara Signundsdottir) failed to reach the final day and decided to do a local triathlon in Madison.

Did a quick google search and found the results here. Not bad for just stepping up and doing well while training for a completely different event/sport.

Well done ladies, definitely not the best this site has seen, but those paces are impressive (especially the run) for committing the day before.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so my jaw was on the floor with that 4:09 and 4:12, but looked up the distances:

https://www.thelooppursuittriathlon.com/

TRIATHLON Loop Pursuit:
Total Distance: 50 miles
Swim: .8 miles
Bike: 39.2 miles
Run: 10 miles
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [brianvp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianvp wrote:
OK, so my jaw was on the floor with that 4:09 and 4:12, but looked up the distances:

https://www.thelooppursuittriathlon.com/

TRIATHLON Loop Pursuit:
Total Distance: 50 miles
Swim: .8 miles
Bike: 39.2 miles
Run: 10 miles

I had the same reaction. Still, it's 18mph and 9 min/mi for doing the race on the spur of the moment. Nothing to write home about, but still more than respectable and better than I could do in whatever the cross-fit equivalent is if I went to do it tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were they all named Brett and wreaked of Axe body spray?
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Were they all named Brett and wreaked of Axe body spray?

Not exactly.

Last edited by: trail: Aug 6, 19 15:10
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh good we can revive the Ashley horner thread.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

Aw come on. These women chose reasonable goals and finished them. And they're legit elite CrossFittters, unlike Ashley.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
😆
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Aw come on. These women chose reasonable goals and finished them. And they're legit elite CrossFittters, unlike Ashley.

...and have a bike and run pace slightly worse than this overweight 50+ year old geezer who's been ill and hardly been able to train for 4 of the past 6 months.
(I suspect their swim pace will be even more off).
🤣
Nowt to shout about really.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:

...and have a bike and run pace slightly worse than this overweight 50+ year old geezer who's been ill and hardly been able to train for 4 of the past 6 months.
🤣

No one is shouting about it. OP is just saying it's pretty solid for a a couple women just coming off a few days of brutal competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

No one is shouting about it. OP is just saying it's pretty solid for a a couple women just coming off a few days of brutal competition.

Seriously. Context is everything. I'd love to see those here complete what these ladies did the first 3 days of the games and then attempt the triathlon on the next.

I'll never understand those that shit on other forms of physical fitness, while beating their chest regarding their chosen area of discipline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the world class level, athletes in lots of sports are working out enough hrs/day that they are in pretty solid overall shape. In the '90s there was a professional baseball player (power hitter, outfielder) who worked out at my gym. He and his trainer would do regular 8mi. runs....to prepare for a sport where the longest distance you ever need to go is 360 feet.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assume that's on a road bike on the gnarly part of the ironman wisconsin course... and keep in mind that's after 3 tough days of the crossfit games.

Very respectable. It was hot as shit in madison this weekend too.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

Seriously. Context is everything. I'd love to see those here complete what these ladies did the first 3 days of the games and then attempt the triathlon on the next.

I'll never understand those that shit on other forms of physical fitness, while beating their chest regarding their chosen area of discipline.

And then complain about their chosen area of discipline not growing ðŸ˜
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

One of reasons people rag on Crossfit is because they lover to (literally) call themselves the fittest people on earth (or the world or whatever). If they came up with a slightly less wanky title, like Crossfit World Champ I think it would help.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
Mugen_EP wrote:
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

One of reasons people rag on Crossfit is because they lover to (literally) call themselves the fittest people on earth (or the world or whatever). If they came up with a slightly less wanky title, like Crossfit World Champ I think it would help.

Yet no one even bats an eye when the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc etc call themselves the "World Champs" even though the sports only consist of teams in Canada and the US.

At least Crossfit is international. The whole idea is they specialize in not specializing. If there is a better all around athlete, have them go compete and call themselves what they want. I have no problem with the title because it's an open competition, open to everyone in the world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
kiwi. wrote:
Mugen_EP wrote:
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

Yet no one even bats an eye when the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc etc call themselves the "World Champs" even though the sports only consist of teams in Canada and the US.

At least Crossfit is international. The whole idea is they specialize in not specializing. If there is a better all around athlete, have them go compete and call themselves what they want. I have no problem with the title because it's an open competition, open to everyone in the world.

People care less about those titles because at least they're all playing the same sport, and really unless the US try to claim they're the best at football or rugby then the NFL/NBA/MLB likely are the best in the world.

Crossfit has defined 'fittest' as the best at Crossfit. So while they might be the Crossfit World Champions, most people have a hard time accepting that they're the fittest 'man' on earth. And also possibly because it makes you sound like a wanker.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:

On the other hand triathletes like to be told they're an "ironman" while crossing the finish line because they walk-jogged a catered course for 15 hours. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
kiwi. wrote:

On the other hand triathletes like to be told they're an "ironman" while crossing the finish line because they walk-jogged a catered course for 15 hours. :)

Them's the rules.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

🤣

Exactly, and they probably were not dressed head to toe in the top gear and I would be were at best on rented Tri bikes or road bikes. These ladies will killing themselves for 2 days then did this race on light rest, though I am sure they had plenty of energy in the tank from the games.

Those times would fair very well in most big races.

Give credit where it's due, and this is one instance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Ss and Gs, I extrapolated out Sam Briggs time out to a full 70.3.

S: 45'
B: 3:03
R: 1:54
Total: 5:43

That would have been good for 18th out of 95 finishers in F35-39 at Madison 70.3. Again, very respectable in the context of their situation. It would be very interesting to see what they could do on reasonable rest without changing their training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

@ashley.horner can suck it .... and then take a Delaware Street Nap

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah.. but how does that geezer compare to this 135lb/37yr old women on back squat and deadlift. https://games.crossfit.com/athlete/2536 It's impressive when people are good at more than one thing... you know like in a triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:

Crossfit has defined 'fittest' as the best at Crossfit. So while they might be the Crossfit World Champions, most people have a hard time accepting that they're the fittest 'man' on earth. And also possibly because it makes you sound like a wanker.

Exactly this. I get why sports/events do it, to draw viewers and make what they are doing seem more "elite". Crossfit games call their athletes the fittest in the world, Spartan racing shows also call their athletes the fittest in the world. Hell even Ironman WC show repeats over and over how its the "most difficult 1 day endurance event in the world". Its just obnoxious and annoying.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFitters drop out of Games take on local Tri...and do well! [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
Its just obnoxious and annoying.

I don't understand all the butthurt over marketing.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 7, 19 7:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next