Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CrossFit Games 2019 Thread
Quote | Reply
Games are set to begin on Thursday. No events announced yet, but they go through Sunday, so 4 days of competition.

Games are still in Madison, Wisconsin which has a big endurance crowd so I am sure they will pick events that cater to that environment as they have the past few years.

Let the games begin!
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i'm right they also won't show live stream on FB,... going back to youtube.

Edit: They don't even have FB account anymore.

Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done.

- D. Goggins

Last edited by: PinaMan: Jul 30, 19 22:35
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [PinaMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they went of FB earlier this year, but the affiliates are still using it.

I cannot remember what the reason was but they were vocal about it and have been off since.

Will be interesting to see if/how that changes their viewership numbers for the games this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just in case anyone wants to watch it live, they will stream it here...
https://games.crossfit.com/games

Edit: It looks like they will also have live stream w/o commentators as well. "clean feed" with (icon) monkey covering mouth. :)

- D. Goggins

Last edited by: PinaMan: Jul 31, 19 9:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've already had some gatherings on the floating pier in the lake. Pretty cool with some Yoga, Les Mills and other groups doing sessions pre event.

https://thebarbellspin.com/...-fit-barge-for-free/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What do you think of McIntyre's chances? Odd how he got in but his stats are off the chart. Only thing he lacks is games experience. I see him pushing Fraser but not beating him. Some good looking rookies coming in this year. I'm pulling for Speegle.

Last edited by: El Jefe: Jul 31, 19 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [El Jefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will do well in the endurance events and lighter weights. But he can't compete with these guys in olympic lifting. I hope they stack the events in his favor so he makes the cut into the weekend. I'm pulling for him as a mud runner myself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excited to see how things go this year with all the changes. I haven't personally done Crossfit in over 3 years but it's fun to keep up with the competition side. There's always at least one event that's a bit over the heads of most of the athletes (crit/CX/trail run). What do you guys think it'll be this year? Maybe a sprint tri?
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colleen Fotsch said they didn't get swimsuits,.. so no Tri.

Video with Dani Speegle starts at 2:16 and then is Colleen Fotsch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsBMqwCueY

- D. Goggins

Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [El Jefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
El Jefe wrote:

What do you think of McIntyre's chances? Odd how he got in but his stats are off the chart. Only thing he lacks is games experience. I see him pushing Fraser but not beating him. Some good looking rookies coming in this year. I'm pulling for Speegle.

Hope it's not the case, but I think he'll be programmed out after the second cut. I've followed him for a few years and think he's an entertaining athlete with all the playful trash talk, something Crossfit could benefit from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I saw something about the games pulling a permit for some beach and a spectator area next to it for the weekend. If that's the case, they're waiting to give out suits for when the athlete field is much smaller.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [ruckustrx11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. He will crush the endurance events. He would do well in a DL ladder but not snatches or C&J's. Will be interesting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Games are set to begin on Thursday. No events announced yet, but they go through Sunday, so 4 days of competition.

Games are still in Madison, Wisconsin which has a big endurance crowd so I am sure they will pick events that cater to that environment as they have the past few years.

Let the games begin!

Just a plug for Madison, WI. There was a lot of eye rolling when they were moved from CA but I think the participants might actually enjoy Madison.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You may be right. He's been focused on his lifting but I'm not sure if it will be enough. I think it will come down to how he recovers.

I'm wondering how this plays out...if an athlete with a non CF background makes it through then the whole CF elitist/superiority complex gets a black eye. Many regional athletes are bitter because he's competing and yet they beat him in the Open.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the athletes not know the events coming in? Last year there was a cross race. Was that a surprise to the athletes?
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

They do not. The events get announced the day before (or morning of). They will know tonight what they will be doing tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there a set of events that they pull from? I think in worlds strongest men they know the events a month or two out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is crossfit a WADA signatory yet?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Are there a set of events that they pull from?

Predominantly a set of typical CrossFit movements (e.g. cleans, pull-ups, squats, etc.) along with some percentage of completely unpredictable stuff (like last year's cycling criterium and insanely long marathon row).

Part of the CrossFit ethos is being able to handle whatever's thrown at you.

Edit: Which maybe triathlete's can use a dose of. I can remember one club triathlon I did on April 1 like a decade ago, and the race director had the idea of taking everyone's running shoes from T2 and making a giant pile of them. So everyone coming into T2 had to spend time digging through the pile. About 3/4 of the people handled it with humor and grace, but about 1/4 completely lost their shit and melted down.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 31, 19 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

They wrote and developed their own drug policy - testing protocol, banned substances list, TUE policy, etc. Comprehensive but not WADA based. https://games.crossfit.com/drug-policy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really hope there's more cycling this year and/or a swim/run. Love seeing them out there doing that stuff especially after 3 weeks of watching TdF.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [reefblastbody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Opening Ceremony starts in 1 hour.

And then (1h 30min later): 10:30 AM
Assault To Bob (Team) 3 rounds:
18♀/25♂ air bike calories
30 toes-to-bar
Big Bob Push
Each team will have four air bikes and four pull-up stations, with all athletes working simultaneously.
Time cap: 20 minutes.

Individuals:
still TBA

- D. Goggins

Last edited by: PinaMan: Aug 1, 19 10:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

4 rounds for time of:
400-m run
3 legless rope climbs
7 squat snatches
♀ 130 lb.
♂ 185 lb.

Time cap: 20 minutes

Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Just a plug for Madison, WI. There was a lot of eye rolling when they were moved from CA but I think the participants might actually enjoy Madison.

Well, continuously pushing the date back deep into Summer certainly gave them some truly trash weather to deal with in California when it came to heat...and then they programmed events that put people in the hospital.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games 2019 Thread [ruckustrx11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruckustrx11 wrote:
He will do well in the endurance events and lighter weights. But he can't compete with these guys in olympic lifting. I hope they stack the events in his favor so he makes the cut into the weekend. I'm pulling for him as a mud runner myself!

Good call. He got capped. Snatches got him.

Quote Reply

Prev Next