Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Crocs---why not?
Quote | Reply
I went for a short run the other night in crocs bc it was the only thing I had at the time. I noticed they were quite comfortable running shoes. Then I came on here and saw the pic of the dude running kona in them.

If you're a mid to fore striker, why not wear them?
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because people on ST will make fun of you...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I lived on Oahu not long ago I noticed quite a few guys were running and racing in Crocs.. Seemed to work pretty well for them. If you're comfortable in them, why not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics please!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just use them as a recovery/every day type of shoe but I almost went out the door this morning with them on! So comfy :)

maybe I'll try them out on my next little run...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crocs---why not?

Because I am not 6 years old....

;-)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that picture too and I just cant see how that would work. They are so loose on the feet would drive me crazy to have my foot "floating" all around the shoe. And I cant see how you get past the strap on the back. Seems like blister city to me. As far as everyday shoes I think my almost 5 year old daughter looks cute in them but I cringe when I see grown men out in public with them on. I know a guy who wears them with a suit and dress socks and i swear it makes me want to vomit. SO unprofessional.

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say, after dealing with metatarsalgia for the better part of a year and being in pain walking in sandals, I bought a pair of Crocs sandals on my mom's recommendation (she's 77 with bad feet) and it was an epiphany! Most comfortable sandals I've ever had in my 47 years, and cheap, and rubber, so they dry VERY quickly when they get wet. I ended up buying some of their shoes too which have the same sole materials- the Hover Slip Ons. No more metatarsalgia for me...not sure if I can credit the Crocs sandals (Athens style), but I just bought another pair as a backup (less than $20 on their website).

Regarding the regular old-school style Crocs, the first 50K trail race I ever did, there was one old gal that did it (and apparently many, many other races) in crocs with socks on. They have great shock absorption and are super-light, cheap, and waterproof. Sounds like a winning combo to me!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Oct 21, 11 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At a local kids Tri, I saw a 6 year old wearing them for the race. they fell off his feet numerous times. So they aren't even for 6 years olds. He ended up with a skinned knee.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can definitely see the strap coming off as the major flaw. I will say that it never happened to me on my run.

I'll bet if you sized down a pair you could make them stick a bit better. Or if you fixed the strap in place somehow, maybe it would work.

I'm going to try it on a longer run than I did before and see how they do.
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
pics please!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/...t1oYMbn7ym8XHUUVM%3D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
came across this blog while searching for something

http://crocrunner.blogspot.com/...i-can-run-again.html

http://tricook.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To complete the look, you will need to accessorize them with tri-themed jibbets.

Quote | Reply
During a recent marathon, a guy passed me wearing crocs. Made me crazy, so I paced with him for a few miles. Then he torn off and hosed me. I ran the race in 3:18 and never passed the doode again so he ran sub 3:18 in the crocs. It was funny. He had on white ones with white (old school) tube / knee socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do those stay on your feet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The midsole/whole sandal is a rubberized EVA, so not that different from Nike's luna stuff or the KSwiss. The downsides are: lack of motion control (if you need it), relatively quick wearing outsole (no carbon rubber heel), and the whole issue with keeping them on your feet while running.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of folks hate on them here for looking ugly, and I won't argue that, but I find them super comfy and I'm old enough to not give a shit if they look dorky (such vanity is largely reserved for the bike). I don't do runs in them; however I have jogged in them for short distances just to hurry from A to B while wearing them casually, and whatever the combination of shape/fit, flex, & my gait may be, they stay on just fine even though they do seem loose if I just flop my foot around.

I definitely *could* imagine running in them OK at least for something long-ish, flat, and moderately-paced (being light and cushy), but I've always stuck with running shoes for a little more support and traction for things like accelerating/decelerating and changing directions more quickly (hills, turns, uneven surfaces, etc), not to mention crap like pebbles getting in sandals too easily.
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Oct 21, 11 14:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because they are the equivalent of sweatpants but for your feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
%FTP wrote:
I can definitely see the strap coming off as the major flaw. I will say that it never happened to me on my run.

I'll bet if you sized down a pair you could make them stick a bit better. Or if you fixed the strap in place somehow, maybe it would work.

I'm going to try it on a longer run than I did before and see how they do.

They have dozens of styles. These would give you the same cushion as the clogs, but they'd wear more like a regular running shoe:

http://www.crocs.com/...d=men-footwear-clogs

...and these clogs have a strap on the heel:

http://www.crocs.com/...d=men-footwear-clogs

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Oct 21, 11 15:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome. So many Croc related Triathlon ideas are going through my head.

I.Want.

Squats = Watts
"The lady thought his arms were his legs, that's why his numbers are so big. Then she thought his calves were quads, so she wrote on his shins. This was after they tried to put his wristband on his dick." ~Louis Chee Cayedito
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when I first read the shoe count, I figured it was a mistake or someone pulled out some real shoes at the last minute. Then I saw the pictures...

The only reason I can think of to wear crocs at kona is if you lost a bet. And yo don't welch.

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't the company go bankrupt?

/Crocs are ok then
Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here is the picture I posted on the We Noticed page:
in Japan those shoes are only used to get in the shower (Japanese style shower) or at public baths (Onzen) so my wife thinks it's the most stupid shoe a person can wear outdoors. I just think they look ugly.

Quote Reply
Re: Crocs---why not? [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the yellow really makes
The pic
Quote Reply

Prev Next