Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit
Quote | Reply
Another one of those posts.

I think I've dialed it in quite okay without a bike fit and don't feel uncomfortable holding the position.
What do you guys think? Camera angle is not perfect (not really 90 degree to the bike I guess) but I hope it's okay

Thanks for any tips!
Last edited by: cmart: Jun 2, 20 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. If anything, I would have raised the front 10mm and moved it forward 20mm.
Last edited by: Schnellinger: Jul 8, 19 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
I like it. If anything, I would have raised the front 10mm and moved it forward 20mm.

Okay, sounds interesting, gonna try it, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put your helmet on and reshoot from 90. But definitely not bad by any stretch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's going on with your heel? At first it's dropped way down and then it's way up. I'm assuming you are just playing with different styles but what happens when you are on the road under pressure?

I'm not qualified to comment on the finer points of bike fit but the overall impression looks good.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
What's going on with your heel? At first it's dropped way down and then it's way up. I'm assuming you are just playing with different styles but what happens when you are on the road under pressure?

I'm not qualified to comment on the finer points of bike fit but the overall impression looks good.

Well spotted. The trainer wasn't on so it had quite a tough resistance set which leads me to dropping the heels I guess. After I noticed it I wanted to keep it higher as I normally would
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Put your helmet on and reshoot from 90. But definitely not bad by any stretch.

Helmet's not anything special in my case. It's an aero road helmet (Giro Vanquish), so there's no tail that I have to care about.
The 90 degree is annoying yes, maybe I'll reshoot new footage soon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You shouldn't be staring at the ground like that when you're riding on the trainer. Look ahead, like you're on the road or you won't actually be able to do it, when you're racing on the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure I'd change anything, fit-wise.

You might drop your heel a bit.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
You shouldn't be staring at the ground like that when you're riding on the trainer. Look ahead, like you're on the road or you won't actually be able to do it, when you're racing on the road.

You're right. Netflix wasn't on to keep me looking straight ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Not sure I'd change anything, fit-wise.

You might drop your heel a bit.

Thanks! Since you seem to be an experienced fitter that's good to hear!

On the upper part of the stroke you mean? Wouldn't that be ankling which is not so good?

Edit: ah, you probably mean at the end of the video where I have it very high for a few strokes right?
Last edited by: cmart: Jul 9, 19 0:30
Quote Reply