Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crashed out of IMLP
Quote | Reply
Dear Friends,

I am disappointed (and a bit embarrassed) to tell you that I had a bicycle crash Saturday and am quite banged up. The worst is that I have a separated shoulder that will put me out of commision for at least 12 weeks or so. The good news is that I had a brand new helmut and it did its job, but now needs to be replaced.

I was really in great shape and race ready. But, I am more disappointed for my lovely wife and kids. They were so looking forward to the trip. My wife has gone from 3 kids and little help to 4 kids and no help, so her situation is worse than mine. Anyway, you all be safe out there - I'll be pulling for all of you. Don't worry, I'll live to fight another day. Blessings....

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Crashed out of IMLP [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's heartbreaking. Sorry to hear the news. I hope you heal fast, and get back to it.

It's kind of peculiar, but on my ride yesterday, all I thought about on the whole ride was "Don't crash, watch out for cars, look out for that pothole..." More so than usual.

Again, Sorry to hear the news. I'll think of you as I suffer through the second loop of the bike course next week, and lament that you aren't there suffering too.

Consolation: You'll get to watch the end of the Tour.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I know how much work it takes to even consider doing one of these things. Hang in there and register for '05 first thing in the morning Monday the 26th!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david, very sorry to hear of your misfortune. hope you have a good recovery. and kudos to you for staying positive and your resolve to come back and race again.

rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember - Your family is far happier that you survived the crash than they are disappointed that you all can't make the trip to Placid. I hope the 12 weeks go quickly, or even become shortened to 11 or 10 or 9, and in the meantime enjoy the bonus time with your family. Heal well!
Quote Reply
Re: Crashed out of IMLP [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adding to the replies, sorry to hear of your tumble! Rest and heal!

I just returned from an oly tri in NE Pennsylvania today that got shut down halfway through the bike... Someone took a bad fall on a fast decent on slick roads! It was a serious downpour... Pelting rain!

Everyone, be careful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David:

Tough luck and condolences to your wife as well. I know what you mean-been there.

On the bright side you'll get to watch Saturday's TT in Le Tour. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply