Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crank removal, my raw hand, and Tom's team of gorillas
Quote | Reply
I had to use a fatty pedal allen wrench, a cheater bar, and a sock wrapped around the whole thing to get my old Truvativ crank off. I worked my hand raw trying to get the nut loose until the dumby side of my brain gave-up and I added some padding to the lever arm.

Tom, you're a lucky guy to have such strong gorillas building bikes for you. With as tight as that crank was on, anyone buying a bike from you should feel secure that nothing will ever come loose during a ride. I just hope my new carbon crank is on there as securely.

Is it legal to employ great apes in the state of Michigan? What does one feed a bike-building gorilla? Pedro's Velo Grease and old tires?
Quote Reply
Re: Crank removal, my raw hand, and Tom's team of gorillas [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just torquing to specs.

You should add some weights to you exercise program.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank removal, my raw hand, and Tom's team of gorillas [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, we would have pulled it off for you. We do just torque them to spec, and we actually use torque wrenches here with substantial regularity.

Interstingly enough, the Truvativ stuff has shown signs of coming lose when it is new after a few rides, that is why we usually put extra mustard on it when we tighten it down. You can't be too careful....

Sorry for the raw hands.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply