Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cortisone shot in shoulder
Quote | Reply
Any problem with getting a cortisone shot in my left shoulder before Kona. It is a steroid. Concerned about swim after a accident on bike several months ago .....slow healer.. any problem with drug police
Quote Reply
Re: Cortisone shot in shoulder [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the WADA website:
GLUCOCORTICOIDS
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
All glucocorticoids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes.
Including but not limited to:
Betamethasone
Budesonide
Cortisone
Deflazacort
Dexamethasone
Fluticasone
Hydrocortisone
Methylprednisolone
Prednisolone
Prednisone
Triamcinolone
Quote Reply
Re: Cortisone shot in shoulder [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the big question is how long before Kona? It is a banned substance for use IN Competition. I dont know what that exact definition means as it pertains the the lasting effect of a cortisone injection.
Quote Reply
Re: Cortisone shot in shoulder [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ralph20 wrote:
From the WADA website:
GLUCOCORTICOIDS
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
All glucocorticoids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes.
Including but not limited to:
Betamethasone
Budesonide
Cortisone
Deflazacort
Dexamethasone
Fluticasone
Hydrocortisone
Methylprednisolone
Prednisolone
Prednisone
Triamcinolone

Dos this apply for "out of competition" ?
Quote Reply
Re: Cortisone shot in shoulder [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you considered asking your doctor? Presuming he/she is a sports med doc I would assume he/she is familiar with WADA doping rules....
Quote Reply
Re: Cortisone shot in shoulder [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Corticosteroids are prohibited in competition only so you should be fine having this done now before Kona.
Safest option is to get a TUE anyway, but I don't think it needs to be done in this instance.
Quote Reply