Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corima 4 Spoke
Quote | Reply
Does any one use this wheel for racing, how do you like it? I am looking at buying one used for around $500 to use for a rear race wheel, and running a 404 in the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima 4 Spoke [rundown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you already have a 404 rear? Do you have a disc?

If you already have a 404 rear, spend the money on a disc. Otherwise the Corima is a very nice wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do front and rear. All the Tri's I do are hilly and they are light when compared to disks in the price range. I figured it may be a wash, but prefer the light weight. They are well made and have had no problems with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima 4 Spoke [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not interested in a disk, and dont have a 404 rear wheel. Is there an advantage in the Corima 4 spoke in the rear, or should I just buy another 404 for the rear? I noticed the 4 spoke is heavier than the 404.

Thanks..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to ride a set of Corima 4 spokes when I was on a 700c setup. I also bought them used. Great wheels. Very light, remarkably stiff, yet comfortable.

I'd still use them if I was running 700c. I don't think you can go wrong with this wheel.

I don't recall what I paid for mine as a set, but $500 for a rear seems reasonable.

To me the big question is why would you go with a 4 spoke for $500 when you could go with a disk for around the same money. Not trying to throw a wrench in the works, because the aerodynamic difference is probably marginal, but certainly something to consider.

Jeff Larson

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Ghandi
Quote Reply
Re: Corima 4 Spoke [JstTriN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went with the Corima 4 spoke in the back, I have not raced on it yet but I have heard good things. I switched my race wheels from clinchers to tubulars, my reason for doing so, have you ever tried to change a flat on a 404 clincher? It is not easy.... I figure if I flat in a race it will change out much quicker.

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure of the aero qualities of the Corima, it sure looks aero and fast, but I haven't seem any testing. That being said, I don't think there would be much difference between it and a 404. The only significantly faster wheel would be a disc. BTW, why aren't you interested in a disc? Unless you are doing the L'Alpe D'Huez TT, it will be faster.
Quote Reply