Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle
Quote | Reply
Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle Cyclist is released by police, who say two teenagers assaulted him
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/...ws-crime_and_courts/

Sounds like the kids were punks and they picked on the wrong guy.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Punks? And you were able to conclude that based on that article? Couldn't be that the cyclist did anything wrong. Or that the cops don't have all the facts yet.
I'm sure they deserved to be shot. Dead.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad for all parties involved.

From the limited reporting, it sounds like the 65 y/o was in the right though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
Punks? And you were able to conclude that based on that article? Couldn't be that the cyclist did anything wrong. Or that the cops don't have all the facts yet.

The police are saying that the kids assaulted him after knocking him off his bike, and they did decide to release the shooter and charge the kids.

so yeah, does sound like they deserved to be shot.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good, Fuck anybody who wants to intentionally harm another person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People have died from a single punch. If someone, let alone a group of people, attacks you it would be correct to think that your life is at risk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's unfortunate that someone had to die, but after reading the article, this is what came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIP7wdW7EQg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moral of the story, you mess with angry, old cyclists on the SRT, you get shot. This is the second instance of dudes shooting at kids who cause a ruckus on the SRT. First in Norristown, now Reading.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [cbire880] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes you wonder why they weren't in school at 11am on a Wednesday. And I would say the cyclist did a good job; killed one, wounded one and left one to tell a story to his friends not the f*&^%# with folks riding their bikes.

Moral of the story; folks riding a bike might not be that "soft target" that shit bags are looking for. Might want to stick with taking little kids candy, might be more their speed...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Try Not To Puke on the Finish Line!
http://trynot2puke.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that they deserved to be shot dead, but I'm pretty sure that they don't think it's funny anymore.

stillrollin wrote:

Quote | Reply
When I lived in Philly there were several incidents of "wolf packs" attacking cyclists on bike paths and the gun issue was discussed then. I guess someone now actually did it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Down tube or seat tube mounted glock? Does zipp make a mount? Would it fit in the P4 toolbox?

A helmet cam may have been effective in this situation too. Cheaper, cooler and safer than a firearm too. Discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [notsponsored] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kids would have broken/stolen it

assuming they didn't then yes at least you can then maybe get the kids arrested after youve been put in a wheelchair for life from the beating

if you aren't dead.

honestly I can't think of a better outcome. some humans though it would be a good idea to attack another.

now one of them isn't alive any more. the world is better for it. we aren't low on people or anything.

notsponsored wrote:
A helmet cam may have been effective in this situation too. Cheaper, cooler and safer than a firearm too. Discuss.

Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe the kid who died was being influenced by the other somehow because he had really low self esteem and was trying really hard to make friends and fucked up for the first time in his life and paid the ultimate price for it. Who knows, maybe the cyclist was being a dick to the kids first (nooooo, not a dick cyclist couldn't happen) and they tried to teach him a lesson. No kid deserves to get shot man, gimme a break.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [hctiwtwols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[ it sounds like the 65 y/o was in the right though]
I do not argue if someone is assaulting you, you should be able to defend yourself. However, to the point to kill a teenager (even if he is a punk)????????????

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [notsponsored] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
notsponsored wrote:
No kid deserves to get shot man, gimme a break.

I'm not sure "Deserve" really plays into it. It might not be his fault that he is a violent criminal, he still is, and it needs to stop, and now it has.

time for the lavendar room!

Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having spent a significant amount of miles on the Schuykyill River Trail, I've been fortunate to never have an issue. About 2 years ago, there were several incidents in the Norristown vicinity(closer to PHL) where groups of teens swarmed cyclists. Finally, one cyclist drew a weapon and fired warning shots at the kids. There have been no reports of issues since then.

Unfortunately, some people only understand force. Reading has a very dark underbelly for how far it is from the city. It is unfortunate that a teen had to die, but I blame the parents of that child for not properly educating them on how to function in the world, not the cyclist who defended himself when threatened.

Of course, I'm on assignment in Singapore now and the citizens are mostly well behaved. Apparently, the threat of caning and death for drug offenses seems to work. Now if only we could get cars to stop running over cyclists...
Last edited by: cbire880: Jan 26, 12 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fred_h wrote:
I do not argue if someone is assaulting you, you should be able to defend yourself. However, to the point to kill a teenager (even if he is a punk)????????????

Are you going to check ID's as you're getting attacked by a group of men?
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
defending yourself and killing someone (while defending yourself) are completely different.

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fred_h wrote:
defending yourself and killing someone (while defending yourself) are completely different.

Fred.

its pretty cool that you have the firearm skills to be able to hit them in the knee or whatever so you don't kill them but make sure you protect yourself.

I would just sort of aim for the center of the target and hope I hit anything at all.

everyone is going to die eventually, if we can't speed up the process when people are assaulting us, when can we?

Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to put it in context, spitting on someone is assault...is your life in danger? The article didn't give any assault details at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
notsponsored wrote:
Just to put it in context, spitting on someone is assault...is your life in danger? The article didn't give any assault details at all.

well except that 3 teenagers knocked him off his bicycle to start.

what the hell is it with people who want to defend the criminals? where does that impetus come from?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, obviously a better outcome based on your logic would be if he'd killed all of these teenagers. After all, they were all equally guilty right?

That's the problem with letting people ride/walk around with deadly weapons. All of a sudden you've got a hammer and every situation looks like a nail.

Quote | Reply
What I am saying is that you do not have enough information to defend the actions of the 65 year old who killed 1 and injured another, that's all. I am not defending anyone, I'm just trying to open your eyes a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle [mtlrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtlrunner wrote:
Well, obviously a better outcome based on your logic would be if he'd killed all of these teenagers. After all, they were all equally guilty right?

That's the problem with letting people ride/walk around with deadly weapons. All of a sudden you've got a hammer and every situation looks like a nail.

Had this man not had a gun he might be dead.
I have no idea how to ascribe the guilt to these three people, nor could you when being attacked.

If you are ever attacked by 3 teenagers I will be interested to see how you respond. Do you just let yourself get beaten and robbed because maybe the kids have some excuse for being violent criminals?

Do you have the courage to attempt warning shots first to defuse the situation without death?

makes me sick when people who defend their own lives are second guessed by the internet.

Quote Reply

Prev Next