Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental GP3000 -VS- Vredestein Fortezza
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I searched the site and couldn't find a review on any of these tires, so I've taken my question here.

Which would you recommend?

The main thing I'm looking for is Puncture resistency and durability, but weight/cornering and stuff like that are also important (but a little less).

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Continental GP3000 -VS- Vredestein Fortezza [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have raced gp 3000s on my old Rolf Vector Pro's.
My wife and I train im distance - gp3000 on her Ksyriums and gp3000 on my alex 320s. I race with conti podiums on my zipp 404's. We ride with a bunch of other people around here occasionally. Her nor I have ever had a flat and have watched others flat all the time - not on contis. I had numerous flats on the hutchinsons that came with my Felt bike. They sucked and wore out fast.

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was riding gp3000s for the last year or so and i'm finally switching for just the reasons you're asking about. I just got way to many flats on them. They're great dry weather race tires, light, grippy (just hope it doesn't rain) and fairly durable. I'm on kevlar belted Serfas now, the really cheap wire bead version and I'm loving them for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental GP3000 -VS- Vredestein Fortezza [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my question is, are Vredestein really that puncture resistent? Because if they are I'll probably be buying them (as they go 145 psi, and aren't all that heavy)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride and race on Vredestein and I have had one flat. It was the day after I installed the tire. I ran over a piece of glass (or something) and it sliced the tire. Other than that, I haven't had any flats with those tires. You can get them right now for Nashbar for $29.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: Continental GP3000 -VS- Vredestein Fortezza [muscle.boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I ride and race on Vredestein and I have had one flat. It was the day after I installed the tire. I ran over a piece of glass (or something) and it sliced the tire. Other than that, I haven't had any flats with those tires. You can get them right now for Nashbar for $29.

How long have you had them now? I mean if you've had em for a year and only had one puncture because of a piece of glass then they're pretty good (i'm guessing).

Basically I wanna know if their Puncture Resistent System thing really works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'ts been more like 10 moths, not a year yet.

Olen
Quote Reply