Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Confessions of a Poser
Quote | Reply
3 years ago, I was a non-poser. I bought the best and performed well - always near the top of my age group. But 3 years have brought my first 2 children, 8-10 additional lbs, zero sleep (see 2 children), and a heck of a lot less training time. After work rides have been replaced with commuting through heavy traffic so that I can double up activities so I can get home and play with my boys. Running is done at 5 am before the boys morning eruptions. Swimming...is what I do at the shore when we go occasionally.

Well - I am not nearly as fast as I once was. (The run is the first thing to go). I have not raced the past 2 summers. BUT that did not stop me from ordering both a P3 and new Kestrel Airfoil Pro in full Dura Ace this past winter. (Note: that I have yet to receive the Airfoil Pro and at some point I will write a comparison) I have the Reynold's Carbon Clinchers, Zipp 404's, Oakley's, the Assos FI13 biking shorts, etc.

Do I need it? Heck no. But I want to keep training so that I do not get fat - and when my boys are a little older and don't want to spend all of their time with me - I can compete again at a high level. Plus I think the cutting edge stuff is cool. I got used to the best equipment and want to stay on it. I make sufficient money that my biking expenses are irrelevant to my income.

To the 24 year old who works in a bike shop - I am a "Poser". To me - I am a guy who makes good coin who puts his two boys above personal goals for the time being. At some point, I will begin racing again. But I will probably keep buying until then. I am thinking titanium next - Blade or Guru Aero Ti.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a Poser [mcevt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love you I really do. Make sure you have a proper outfit. I think there is one someone HID some around here. Don't be ashamed to wear SECONDHAND good though. They still look cool.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

You are a proudly poser and guys like you just make the "field" much more fun to watch and colorful..

I don't make "good coin" but I'm working on it.. after I graduate probably will get a nice job, nice kids and there will be no more time for training.. well not at my current level I think..

I used to dislike "posers" but soon I realized one day I will become one of then! :)

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I woudn't call you a poser, I'd call you a former triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this guy.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply