Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer: Can't get my bike out!
Quote | Reply
When I tighten my bike onto the CT via the skewer, I have a really hard time getting it loose after. This has gotten progressively worse for the last 6 months or so. Seems like when I'm putting my bike in, it's just regular hand-tight, but after the training session I have a huge problem loosening the knob to get my bike out. Any suggestions?

----
Suffering on the the bike is always more fun than suffering on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer: Can't get my bike out! [ride 'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the actual pieces holding the bike, or the 'locking ring'? You shouldn't need to tighten either all that much to hold the bike securely. You might want to check to see if you bent the threaded stud. With the bike out, is it easy to screw it in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you releasing the tension on the wheel by lowering the resistance unit first? That would definitely help. Are you using the two-part clamp system properly? You need to tighten the bike in place via the outer part, and then tighten the inner part all the way in. Have you tried greasing the threads on the clamps that hold the bike in place?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer: Can't get my bike out! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tighten the outer knob first, and then lock with the inner knob. And yes, the tension in the back, on the wheel is released.

Maybe I'm tightening the outer knob too much? As I mentioned, it doesn't seem terribly tight when I put the bike in, but when I try to release later I cannot get it to budge. I have no problem releasing the locking/inner knob. What type of grease do you suggest?

----
Suffering on the the bike is always more fun than suffering on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem. It was the notched chrome sleeve that clamps the skewers. It had frozen and wouldn't spin as I tried to loosen the screws. I used some penetrating oil to get it to turn, then cleaned it with WD-40, lube it with white lube, and although stiff, it works again.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has always been tough. For me it's most the shape of the knob that gives me difficulty. It just wants to dig into my palm so to make it easier to put more torque on the knob I'll just put a towel or shirt around it while loosening.
Quote Reply