Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compact Cranks @ Nashbar
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this has been posted, but I see that Bike Nashbar is selling an aluminum compact crank set for $99.95. They come with a 50/34 combo and look suspiciously like the aluminum FSA's. They are available in 170/172.5/175mm lengths and use a 68x108 ISIS BB.

Gary MC

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary do you know where you can get the alum fsa compacts? I do not have the dough for carbon but heard the fsa alum was around 150 but could not find. Thanks Kenney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also just went to nashbar and could not find the compacts?Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the Closeout catalog in today's mail. The compact cranks are on the inside back cover page 83. They are listed as: Nashbar ISIS Compact Road Crankset 50/34.

Gary MC

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Gary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this crank not sold on the website, I couldn't find it anywhere??? Sounds like a good deal though.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [triiowa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a few of us just placed an order with nashbar earlier this week and found out that the surest way to see if they still have an item is to just call. chances are though, that if you don't see it on the website, they're all out. especially if it was a clearance or closeout item. any good deals seems to go real fast.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [sydnrusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"any good deals seems to go real fast. "

Almost too fast, if you asked me. It's as if they never even had the item at all. (hint, hint,...)
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [triiowa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my Nashbar close out catalog this week. the cranks are 50/34 and weigh 710 grams. This, if I recall is about 100 gm higher than the FSA caompact alloys at $150.

By the way, do the compact cranks require a new bottom spindle? I have Shimano. What about the Campy folks out there?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Last edited by: docfuel: Mar 9, 04 21:11
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a set for my wife last night. Like someone said earlier, the best idea is just to call them and talk to a real-live person (although that person won't have the faintest idea what it is they are talking about, they will be able to look at their computer screen to see if that mysterious piece of gear is in stock) Word from their customer service is that they are currently backordered (read: probably didn't have them in the first place) until March 19.

While they do look like the FSA aluminum ones, I was wondering if Stronglight might have something to do with them? Stronglight makes Nashbar's chainrings (at least according to their catalog) so maybe the cranks too?

Oh yeah, and to answer the last posted question, they are ISIS BB only.
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Cranks @ Nashbar [don] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean something like this?
http://www.xxcycle.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?Screen=detail&REF=2835&FROM=bestwebbuys
IMPACT COMPACT Stronglight
"Compact" crankset. Triple combination with double crankset advantages
Length = 170 mm
Crank extractor integrated
Colors : silver or black
Combinaisons : 50/36 & 48/34
Preconised axle = jp 400 en lg 110 mm
INdexation CSA 9/10 speed
Weight = 630 grs
US$134.69
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gary do you know where you can get the alum fsa compacts? I do not have the dough for carbon but heard the fsa alum was around 150 but could not find. Thanks Kenney
I am thinking getting my wide the FSA Carbon Pro Compact cranks. The FSA Energy Compact Cranks are available at Wise Cycle Buys: http://www.wisecyclebuys.com/id222.htm

Michael

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Mar 10, 04 8:47
Quote Reply