Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colnago Ace vs Giant Defy
Quote | Reply
Hi

I'm in the market for a new road bike, currently my options are the Colnago Ace, Giant Defy Advance 1 (and maybe the Wilier Izoard). So far I like what I've seen from both bikes, I won't be racing the bike; so it'll be used mainly for rides (by myself or with a group) when not using my tri bike.

Anybody has any experience with any of these bikes?

Thanks in advance for any comments
Last edited by: Trimex: May 4, 11 6:20
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago Ace vs Giant Defy [Trimex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afternoon bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having never been a fan of Giant road bikes I would say the Colnago. The ride should be great with nice neutral handling, great fit and finish and of course it's a Colnago. The Giant's geometry has always felt too twitchy for my preference. The Willier would also be a great choice, again nice comfy ride, neutral handling and again great fit and finish.

Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No reason to not get a Colnago. I have owned my Colnago Dream for a long time and it is the best. If I had more money I would won more of them. Good luck.

Teamfirefighter.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
both are good bikes. slightly different in geometry between the defy and the ace with the izoard. if I'm not wrong... if you're looking for a bike with that kind of geo ( giant defy geo) look ath the bianchi infinito/cannondale synapse/specialzed roubaix. i ahve an infinito adn love it.

1) get the one that fits best.
2) if fit is equal, get the one that makes you want to ride it more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anytime faced with the choice Colango vs. Giant, Colnago hands down! Really go with what fits best, but Colnago definitely has a higher bling factor.

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply