Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Code Red: Need a radiologist's help
Quote | Reply
If you are a radiologist, could you be so kind and send me a PM. I need some help.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Sep 22, 23 18:20
Quote Reply
Re: Code Red: Need a radiologist's help [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI code red usually means fire in the health care setting.

No codes really match what you are asking for.

Stat read is what you should be asking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I desperately wait until Monday or Tuesday for my MRI results, is it possible the Radiology department of a local hospital would be willing to look at my MRI results and tell me if I have a stress fracture? I have the images/scans but can't tell myself. Is this a service they could provide? I had an MRI done this morning at an independent MRI company that does them at a fraction of the cost of a hospital. ($799 vs $3K). Downside is that I have to wait a few days for the results. Their radiologist works remotely and is taking his sweet old time. Never had to wait this long. And if the local hospital can do this for me, I'm hoping it won't cost me another $800 dollars. Feeling desperate to know my MRI results and if I have a stress fracture in my Tibia. The technician said he didn't see anything (don't think he was even supposed to say anything) but I won't feel peace until I have official results. I may not be going to Kona and I need to know asap.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
While I desperately wait until Monday or Tuesday for my MRI results, is it possible the Radiology department of a local hospital would be willing to look at my MRI results and tell me if I have a stress fracture? I have the images/scans but can't tell myself. Is this a service they could provide? I had an MRI done this morning at an independent MRI company that does them at a fraction of the cost of a hospital. ($799 vs $3K). Downside is that I have to wait a few days for the results. Their radiologist works remotely and is taking his sweet old time. Never had to wait this long. And if the local hospital can do this for me, I'm hoping it won't cost me another $800 dollars. Feeling desperate to know my MRI results and if I have a stress fracture in my Tibia. The technician said he didn't see anything (don't think he was even supposed to say anything) but I won't feel peace until I have official results. I may not be going to Kona and I need to know asap.

Not a radiologist but an MD who has had more than their fare share of stress fractures.
With an MRI obvious stress fractures can be relatively easy to see. The MRI will show evidence of marrow oedema etc but won't always show the fracture. Sometimes you need a CT on top of the MRI to define the actual fracture for a variety of reasons.
You are welcome to PM me with images and a description of where exactly in your leg you have pain and if there is something obvious I can let you know. You may need to email me images. Clinical correlation is almost always required and any opinion needs to be taken with the disclaimer that this is the internet and advice is general in nature only and not to replace that of your primary doctor etc etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Code Red: Need a radiologist's help [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, thank you!! Just sent you a PM

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Oh my gosh, thank you!! Just sent you a PM

Replied. Fingers crossed for you and best of luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Official results this morning and no SF. But do have early stage of medial tibial stress syndrome. Probably not running much until Kona. Maybe a few easy miles on my Lever. Relieved it's not a SF.

At least this will get my mind off the heat :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Official results this morning and no SF. But do have early stage of medial tibial stress syndrome. Probably not running much until Kona. Maybe a few easy miles on my Lever. Relieved it's not a SF.

What about running in your Endless Pool???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Code Red: Need a radiologist's help [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

It's a good idea but I don't have a water treadmill. (one more thing that could break) and don't have a pad on the bottom as another way to water run (don't want to stress the liner w/o a pad). It's kind of awkward too. The Lever will take-off 40ish lbs of my body weight. And I am considering driving an hour to use an Alter G to reduce body weight even further for one last "long run". I have used Alter Gs in the past a lot when I lived closer to populated areas. So there are options.

I have done deep water running in the open water but honestly I despise water running. Never felt it really helped me personally. My former coach loved it.

Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Sep 23, 23 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

It's a good idea but I don't have a water treadmill. (one more thing that could break) and don't have a pad on the bottom as another way to water run (don't want to stress the liner w/o a pad). It's kind of awkward too. The Lever will take-off 40ish lbs of my body weight. And I am considering driving an hour to use an Alter G to reduce body weight even further for one last "long run". I have used Alter Gs in the past a lot when I lived closer to populated areas. So there are options.

I have done deep water running in the open water but honestly I despise water running. Never felt it really helped me personally. My former coach loved it.

Ah yes, actually I too hate water running; it's even more boring than the trainer unless you're doing it with someone to talk to. Just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply