Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cockpit room.
Quote | Reply
Ok handle bar reach. Am I looking for a ninety degree elbow bend when in the drops? I'm talking road postion here. How do you figure stem length?

When you measure a stem is it very front to very back? Or center of the handlebar opening to the center fo the stem opening?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Cockpit room. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should never bend to a 90 degree angle in the shower, always bend at the knees. And you really should go around trying to measure guys stems.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Cockpit room. [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your so cute when your being a bastard. ;)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Cockpit room. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be very difficult to achieve 90deg elbow bend in the drops unless the drops come up so high (thus negating the reason for getting down in the first place) or you bend at the hips so acutely that you will stop breathing and black out. or pop a lumbar disk--whichever come first.

The way I set myself up on my roadbike in the drops is 90deg upper arm-torso angle and 90deg hip angle. Brakes within reach, my elbows are slightly bent so the road shock is a little bit absorbed. My back is not as flat as on my tri-bike but significantly lower than in the hoods. Also, I do get a little bit more wattage from closing the hip.

stem length measured center-center. if you've got the right frame size, a 10-12cm stem range should be fine.

Kim
Last edited by: dockimpoy: Jan 31, 04 11:17
Quote Reply