Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coaching advise?
Quote | Reply
A good friend of mine is thinking about getting a coach. This year will be her third year in Kona (amateur). After this year she will have done 7 IM's in 4 years, and is only 23. She was a D1 swimmer. She trains like Gordo has told her to, by 'JFT'ing. Lots of milage. Amazing determination and drive, and she's been thinking about getting a coach, but she is worried that she may not trust or believe in the coach, and has mentioned that anyone that she would trust would be way too expensive. Is it true? Can she get the kind of coaching that can get her from world class age grouper to the next level? Or should she JFT?

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching advise? [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Have her read and apply. Her odds currently stand at.....

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Coaching advise? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, i passed it on. She has made herself known as kElly.

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching advise? [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3x Kona and solid experience...and a "friend" is going to give her advice by asking an online forum that is known to be, like any forum, populated by anonymous, fairly "marginal" characters...and she is looking to save money? Sounds like a really good way to go backwards in the pack...read the "I was fired by my coach" thread, or look at the number of "coaches" that troll this site (there's one over at Gordo's where a "coach" is asking the most basic of questions). She was successful listening to herself - which is the most important thing in this sport - why would she want to listen to someone else, particularly found online (where "no one knows you are a dog"). Do you think any of these folks have insight that she can't get from all the books and online resources?
Quote Reply