Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Clark Lake Triathlon roll call...
Quote | Reply
-Looks like an all-star cast for Clark Lake Triathlon this weekend.

I'm there, who else is going? Thoughts on the weather? Keep your fingers crossed it is a wetsuit swim for my sake!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the All-Stars would be at Muncie??
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The real all stars are doing both. Oh, are they the same day?

Uh, is Muncie still open? Another opportunity for a double race weekend... The "double/double"- two races two weekends in a row.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a fun race which I haven't done for a couple of years. Thanks for reminding me. I just registered online. A wetsuit swim would definitely be a plus for us "non all-stars".

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend and I are driving up from Cleveland to race Clark Lake. (Not on race morning, that's insane)
Staying with my parents in Northville.
Should be a fun race. It certainly was last year.
After biking hills and running in a thunderstorm yesterday, I'd be more than happy if the weather cooperated Sunday morning...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I''m in! Bringing three friends and my son. I don't care about the wet suit, but one of our racers can use all the help she can get. Her major concern is the swim cutoff. Supposed to cool off again so cool nights might make it perfect conditions for the life preservers.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there along with hubby who is doing the du. Here is an e-mail response I received yesterday from the RD regarding the wetsuit issue: "Current water temp is around 77-78. Will take temp morning of and make the call then. I suspect wet suits will be allowed but cannot guarantee."

After a chaotic couple of travel weeks, I'm back this week to serious training. I also signed up for the Chicago marathon, which means I'm ramping up the running as we're only 13 weeks out from that. Given my load this week, I'm going to be very tired by Sunday. That said, this is the first time I've done this race, and I'm excited by all the good reports.

See you there!

[P.S. to davejakes: By chance, do you ride a fancy Kestrel? If so, the sweat soaked runner who yelled "nice bike" was me:)]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the race to do in MI this weekend was Interlochen?
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am hoping to be there (Clark Lk), did Interlochen last year. Good race just watch out for the hill at the turn around of the run. Its a bitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My GF is doing Interlochen. I'm going to Clark Lake. She is meeting up with her family up there. I gotta work :(

At least we had a picnic and a day at the beach at Waterloo last weekend.

Interlochen sounds cool.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheryl and I are looking to repeat up at Interlochen. Nothing like free entries to help you pick races. ;-) I do like Clark Lake also, just watch the water, I got scabies there last time. :-0
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nasty. (the scabies, not Interlochen).

- Do look after my precious associate up there would you? I've taken quite a fetching for her.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll keep an eye on her for you. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very well, thank you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't your precious associate and GF this week a "buddy" last week?
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Intersteing how time (and a nice picnic and a little green bikini) changes things.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, then it's good you decided not to ride with Eric after the race. Good luck.
Last edited by: CTL: Jul 15, 04 8:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed, although I would love to ride with those guys one time. There has been a procession of customers coming into the store complaining about getting beat up by Eric at Helluva Ride on Saturday (the day before he kicked ass at Waterloo to take second, after pounding out 100 miles on Saturday and wounding many of my customers in the process...).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a complete different subject, what does your tri-specific clothing inventory look like right now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half way decent and about to imporve by leaps and bounds pending the arrival of a mammoth DeSoto order ASAP. Also, lots of women's Nineteen wetsuits inbound.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I'll be there too. Does anyone know if they have day-of-registration?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Clark Lake Triathlon roll call... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. You could register on line as late as yesterday (when I registered).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I felt bad for El. We got left behind at lunch and were trying to catch back up. I was in the groove, boogying along, and he was hanging on pretty well, but then I looked back and he was gone. I sat up to wait for him, but he waved me on. I caught back up with Kraig S., Kyle, and his friend (sorry I forgot his name), and we had a really nice last 25 miles or so. We were pacelining nicely and making good time. I was putting in some 'focused' pulls near the end and was going to try to hammer the last one coming in to Chelsea, but I dropped a water bottle (damn rear cages). Evidently, my riding partners were a bit relieved. ;-)
Last edited by: efernand: Jul 15, 04 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The poor man. I had to drive him home from my store yesterday. He was too tired to walk. He only lives four blocks away, about two blocks from me.

Do any of you find it odd that within a three block area of Dearborn we have three people who have completed about 15 Ironmans and over 400 triathlons between them? (El Bruley, Dawn Polk and myself).

Interesting. Maybe Dearborn is the new triathlon mecca. Maybe not.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The poor man. I had to drive him home from my store yesterday. He was too tired to walk. He only lives four blocks away, about two blocks from me.

Do any of you find it odd that within a three block area of Dearborn we have three people who have completed about 15 Ironmans and over 400 triathlons between them? (El Bruley, Dawn Polk and myself).

Interesting. Maybe Dearborn is the new triathlon mecca. Maybe not.
I have heard that more than one person has needed assistance to get home from Bikesport, maybe it's a energy sucking black hole. ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next