Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Claim for justice about Kona slot of doping athlete
Quote | Reply
Hello all;

I’m Esther Leal, wife of Sergio Moreno… yes, the Mr. Moreno of this story:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...lean_Sport!_P6095801

I’m here to inform you how the story are continuing today. We have followed the indications given by Ironman sending an e-mail to the Ironman Anti Doping representative with the data that they’ve asked. No answer. Sergio has been in the Ironman office in Kona, where they took note of his data and told him that they will contact him. No signal. Finally we have sent a formal claim by email to WADA and Ironman representatives, as it was recommended by legal experts about doping. No answer yet.

The truth is that nobody could return us what has been stolen. We cannot live our dream of participating in Kona together, so Sergio was just supporting me there the past October during my race. We cannot recover the physical and economical sacrifice of Sergio’s participation in Ironman Zürich 10 weeks after IM Texas fighting for his slot, running with a plantar fasciitis caused by his extra effort that continue today. Being a full-time workers and having a 3 year old daughter made this journey so challenging for our family that makes it very difficult to be able to try it again in near future.

We are not asking for charity neither gifts. We are asking to return us a little piece of what it was stolen. We are asking for justice. The reasons of why Mr. Smith is taking testosterone doesn’t mind. The truth is that this is a competitive sport, and every sport has its rules. Mr.Smith was doing something against those rules, not only participating in the competition, but accepting this Kona slot knowing that he is doing something illegal. I’m sorry, but it makes him a thief at this moment.

We have seen several times that years after the Olympic Games some medals are reallocated due to doping bans. The medal is returned to its real owner. So why not returning this slot to its real owner?It cannot be possible for Kona 2016 (and I don’t know if doing this 5 days before the race being out of shape at this time would be a good idea after all…), but in 2017 the damaged could be partially restored.

Please, if anyone have the opportunity to send this message to Ironman representatives or could do something to help us to get what is ours, we will appreciate it. If anyone needs more information about it or anything from our side, please tell me and I’ll contact. Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply