Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cincy Bikeshop?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me where there is a good bikeshop in the Cincinnati area? My dad said he was going to get me some new bike toys for Christmas and I'd like to send him somewhere that has a good selection and will steer him in the right direction. Doesn't have to be a tri specific shop though that would be better.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [hammydad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't ask Tom D!!

lol

seriously, did you check out the retailer info on the home page?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good idea on the homepage, forgot about that, still like recomendations....would have gone w/ tom d, but he waited till last minute to ask me and it sounds like bikesport is pretty swamped right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of good bike shops down there, Montgomery cyclery comes to mind. If you are looking for a little more tri oriented try Wheelie Fun http://www.wheeliefun.com/

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt about it: Wheelie Fun is the One. If its not fun why do it? Dont bother with Montgomery, nothing special(unless you must have Trek)

Dick Chartier

"Get up on your bike" Luka Bloom
Quote Reply
Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [PrunePicker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For good fitters, try Oakley Cycles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second Wheelie Fun if you are on the north side.
Bio-Wheels and Campus Cycles are very close together and worth the stop if you are downtown/campus located.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biowheels is great. a small shop but outstanding service. NFI i just used to live down the street. Oakly is also a nice shopm a little bigger but many friends got bikes from them and they were always solid. again NFI. now living down south where it wasn't much warmer today!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with Biowheels. The guys there are great and do a good job.. the owner is the guy that really helped me with my cycling.. Can't go wrong there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everybody!!!! I'll pass it on so he can support local shops that deserve support. Unfortunately fitting is not an issue. I wish my dad still gave bikes for Christmas, but that pretty much stopped 18 years ago when i was 12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheelie Fun is the ONLY tri specific shop in the greater Cincinnati area. Bob Duncan (owner) is a great guy (ala Tom D.) and he also races (now in my age group). He also invented and sold the patent to Profile the new aero stryke aerobars (the ones that are fairly straight out with the armrests mounted flat on the bar). His shop also sponsors the longest running triathlon/duathlon series (with HFP racing) in the country.

The shop itself is nothing to look at, but he and his employees know their stuff. One of his employees (Kyle Poland) turned pro as well and also coaches on the side. Can' miss him as he is about 6'-6"+ and shaved bald. They are also the only shop that deals with Guru in the area (although Tom D. is not that far away) :)

Happy Holidays!

Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
visited wheelie fun while in town to watch a friend do the great buckeye and actually stayed with kyle. great guys there and great shop. i thought i was a tall lanky triathlete (6'3 160) until i met kyle. his wife makes some damn good mac & cheese too!
Quote Reply
Re: Cincy Bikeshop? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I didn't know Kyle turned pro. Cool. He's an unassuming guy (most pros are, it's us middle of the pack/cat 3s that think we are the shit). They might be the only place to get aerodynamic feedback regarding componenet selection and fit in the area. Bob is a great guy and a bit of a mad scientist, hence the Sonic Stryke patent. If your pop gets anything there, be sure it is a gift certificate so you can go in and pay a visit as well.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply