Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Church Creek #2, anyone else there today
Quote | Reply
Anyone else there today? Was hot but much less windy than last year when I did it. What a great course.....
Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The course is flat and boring, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I thought about doing it just because it's the MABRA championship TT but it's just not worth the longggg drive.
Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To each their own, I guess. I once drove the 2-2.5 h there from Colombia, MD just to do do a solo TT in training (in preparation for the upcoming MABRA championship).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there and I love that course too. Much more forgiving now then when the pavement was a real challenge. A part of me misses those lumps in the middle section. Any how, conditions were perfect and it was a very fast day if the heat didn't derail your effort. Church Creek #2 always seems to be faster than #1.

And waiting for results is no longer a multi-hour ordeal. The organizers had them posted by the time I got back from my finish.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tylerwal wrote:
The course is flat and boring, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I thought about doing it just because it's the MABRA championship TT but it's just not worth the longggg drive.
Not being sarcastic, the course has great pavement, minimal traffic and easy turns. It's a perfect 40k course. It was almost a 3 hour drive for me. There are no 40k in the Pa/Nj ares this year, they are becoming hard to find :(
I was surprised how fast results were posted too. Last year it was quite a wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had planned on going. My weight is at a 35 year low and power is good (for me). Had hope to take out lifetime 40k pr. Unfortunately, I've been sick for a week. Maybe next year.

I think it's a great course, too. Flat is wonderful when you're on the heavy side.

Edit: And it's a 4 hour drive from Richmond, VA
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Jul 17, 16 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
tylerwal wrote:

Not being sarcastic, the course has great pavement, minimal traffic and easy turns. It's a perfect 40k course. It was almost a 3 hour drive for me. There are no 40k in the Pa/Nj ares this year, they are becoming hard to find :(
I was surprised how fast results were posted too. Last year it was quite a wait.

Last weekend I drove 4 hours each way for a 45 minute Aquathlon race. Just have to do what one has to do.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
tylerwal wrote:

there was a so called Mid-Atlantic time trial championship held in PA back in June. Basically same course as the PA championship, half hour northwest of Harrisburg. For some reason there wasn't much fanfare about it. Then again, Harrisburg probably is a bit of a drive as well
Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't make that one. This is the first year PA doesn't have a state time trial :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
Anyone else there today? Was hot but much less windy than last year when I did it. What a great course.....

anyone doing this TT this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the last one and plan to be there for the next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool. doing this one. will be my first TT
Quote Reply
Re: Church Creek #2, anyone else there today [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's flat as a pancake, with 3 easy corners and little traffic. The last leg there will be cars but there is an 8 foot wide shoulder. It is always windy and will most likely be hotter than the surface of the sun too :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty much always windy on the eastern shore, so was expecting that
Quote Reply