Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Choice of Accomplishments
Quote | Reply
Which of the 3 would fulfill your Sucess Quotient in Life:

1. An Olympic Gold Medal(not Archery,or extreme events,Just the traditional events like Swim,Track,Decathlon,etc,)

2. Winning Kona IM WC

3. Overall Win @ TdF

..........for me its OLYMPIC GOLD baby!.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Accomplishments [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If those are your only choices to fullfill your success quotient in life, you're in for a big time disapointment ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic gold. Nothing would beat standing atop the podium while the Star Bangled Banner played.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking about this last night! Funny. Got to be the Olympics for something really classic. Swimming, or marathon, or velodrome.

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my goal, after being out of school for 11 years is to get my masters in engineering (im starting back up part time in january....my ultimate goal is to get my PhD and have SAC as my advisor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic gold. I was a gymnast for ten years and did nothing but dream of the Olympics. I cry every four years when the summer olypmics come around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean I can't say an Olympic Gold in Curling would be a choice? Damn.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say Kona. Both that and the TdF have only one winner per year, whereas there are multiple Olympic medalists per Olympics. The TdF is also a team sport, so I think that it is slightly less of an individual effort than a totally solo event. Kona is 100% on your own. And there is only one winner (per gender) per year. It may not have the global prestige of the others, but that doesn't matter. To me, that would be the highest honor. That being said, if would neither be satisfied (nor dissatisfied) with my own success if it were (or were not) to happen.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Accomplishments [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
......actually Curling is OK.

No brooms though.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of those three I'd take Kona. Although a TDF win would be a worth a lot more $$$ if that is how you judge it....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Accomplishments [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
......" To me, that would be the highest honor. That being said, if would neither be satisfied (nor dissatisfied) with my own success if it were (or were not) to happen."

I don't know J !

You just won AZOF~ Thats up there in my book.
Winning Kona and the Worlds Hot Dog Eating contest were a close second for me.

Gotta de-thrown that Japanese Uber-Weiner Eater.

I'd be on Entertainment Tonight so fast my head would spin.

I figure if I wore nut hugger Speedos ,a Man Bro and a LG Aero helmet during the contest I'd freak out the other guys into submission.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not on your list, but RAAM
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Accomplishments [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Olympic gold. Nothing would beat standing atop the podium while the Star Bangled Banner played.

Which, by the way, would also happen at the end of the TDF...which is my choice of the three.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympics in one of the premier events in track dec, mile, marathon. Tour would be a close 2nd. IM a distant third. The amin reason for OG over TdeF is that the winners (all the riders really) suffer so much throught the season and the years to get to that point. Even a top marathoner you're looking at 4 hours a day of running, with no real need to run in absolutely deplorable conditions day after day.

As to IM I don't think it has the public perception that the others do, and this will get me flamed, but I don't think the winners are the complete genetic freaks that the top runners and cyclists are.

Styrrell
Quote Reply