Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chilly Willy Duathlon
Quote | Reply
Looking for anyone in the off season. This is the best event in Florida. The Chilly Willy in in it's 5th year, and it the original Chilly Willy Duathlon in Florida. Come to Florida and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine and race with the best of the Tampa Bay area. We expect 500 and to close out this year. Ask Tom Ziebart about the best Duathlon in the State of Florida. www.chillywillydu.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Chilly Willy Duathlon [trihead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done it and it's a nice little race, but "the best event in Florida"? That's a stretch. This year we have the Super Bowl and BCS championship game.
Quote Reply
Re: Chilly Willy Duathlon [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your right, maybe the Superbowl and BCS Championship will be larger then the Chilly Willy Du, but they won't have as much fun as us. How many football players do you know that can run 5k, bike 10 and run another 5k?
Quote Reply
Re: Chilly Willy Duathlon [trihead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember, many, many years ago (1987?) doing a race in Boca Raton, Florida called the Chilly Willy Triathlon. It had an ocean swim and it was, well, shall we say, very cold...

That race was fun but pretty darn tough. I wonder if the race you are describing is somehow related?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chilly Willy Duathlon [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I also did that race and if I remember it was in February or early March. I think Tom Z now has the lock on the cold races, with producing the Escape from Fla on Feb 15. I did that race in March this past year with water temp at 58. This is the 5th year for the Chilly Willy Duathlon, but I think it may be the original Chilly Willy Duathlon in Florida.
Quote Reply