Quote | Reply
How does this happen:

http://xtri.com/...sp?id=1&offset=4

So long nice corima wheel....

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Check out this pic from Hawaii [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if he rolled his tire. I can't figure out why it's still attached at the stem (but nowhere else) and sticking up in the air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is either he hit a parrallel crack and the tire fell into it and buckled his wheel or he rode off the pavement. Either way can buckle a wheel like that.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe rolled it from not enough glue... or maybe the extreme heat making the glue breakdown.... or maybe a combination of both???

either way, that must have been terrible for him.... but, at least he finished the ironman without having to dnf from a mechanical..
Quote Reply
Re: Check out this pic from Hawaii [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It couldn't be more obvious. Hit by an errant motorcycle riding with disc wheels!

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because he was riding an improperly glued tire and/or the pavement was so hot that the glue melted and he rolled the tire.
Quote Reply
Not too hot [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless he were coming down from Hawi breaking, it is not hot enough to melt glue. So I would bet rolled tire or hit a hole and broke the wheel. Not too fun either way
Quote Reply
It's simple... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelos make you crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another reason that tubies aren't on my bikes anymore, except the fixie I'm converting right now(that will change soon). I rolled a tubie on a raised concrete seam years ago and while my front wheel didn't taco like that guys, I went down so fast and so violently that I was very fortunate to not get splattered by a car (busy street). I used to race crits on my tubies so I glued them on very well, huge job to get them off. But if you hit a raised edge at just the right angle the tire peels off just enough to get stuck in your forks sending you down instantly. Some tri people only apply glue in 4 or 5 places on the rim to make changing a flat easier, very dangerous IMO. Great job of finishing the race.
Last edited by: robc: Oct 22, 04 20:04
Quote Reply
Re: Check out this pic from Hawaii [robc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess i8s he slipped off edge of pavement and tried to compensate rolling the tire. I don't remember anything that would have been enough of a bump to cause that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would suck

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a number of the "warning strips" at the edge of the road and they are relatively deep. I got blown off to the edge a few times and the jolt when my wheel dropped down into them was severe. I don't ride Corima wheels but don't the front wheels have only 12 spokes and if so, that may have been the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he was headed over to that tree to eliminate and made a boo boo.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply