Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Check out Tyler's diary for today...
Quote | Reply
http://www.velonews.com/...articles/6609.0.html

Hard not to feel really bad for the guy. Hopefully some good luck comes his way soon, since he's had so much of the other kind lately.

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For whatever reason, I am rooting for LA to win this year and get his 6th. Next year, however, I will be rooting for TH. He seems like a pretty good guy, in addition to being a gutsy rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you think he'll be okay for the Olympics?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep gaining mroe and more respect for the guy.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<: do you think he'll be okay for the Olympics?
>>

I'm hoping he will be, He'll be one of the fresher TT riders going into the olympics.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great entry. I was pulling hard for him to win this year. I have every bit of confidence that he'll be back next year stronger than ever.

This guy doesn't make excuses. No "well, I was kind of dehydrated, most people would've died with that amount of water loss" or other BS...he just gets the job done....and if it doesn't work out, he makes no bones about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope all those wonderful human beings that flamed Tyler "because he pulled out of the Tour after his dog died" will take the time to read his diary.

You know how you are.
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was pulling for Tyler as well this year and I agree that he doesn't make excuses for his problems. I just wish I could agree that he will be back next year and stronger than ever; people always forget that he is older than Lance and not an up and coming young rider. I think that this was his year to challenge for a podium spot.

I just wish he could learn to ride the tour without as Phil L. said "having shown a tendency to fall off his bike a lot". Until he does that, we will never be able to judge is true ability.

Don B
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still think that the dog would have been a good enough excuse.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [dhcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, It's always special to witness first hand history in the making. I hope that Lance does win.

It's even more amazing when you see the struggles of Hamilton and all of Lances main rivals, not just this year but every year. Every one of them has a story and every one of them has been giiving 110%, but they always seem to face some form of adversity, bad luck or bad planning and they pull up short. Considering this and the general, unpredictability of professional cycling, Lance's achievement seems almost surreal.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Check out Tyler's diary for today... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the news on LA for next year? Any word that this is his last? I hope not because I would love to see a real battle. I hate it when an athlete leaves at the top of the game and all you ever hear is "Well, if LA was racing this year TH would not have won...".

I respect LA - he has proven himself as an exceptional cyclist and one of the best IMO, however, I love to see a battle and a passing of the guard. I was looking forward to that this year :(

Quote | Reply
I believe the contract with the Discovery Channel required that he ride in the Tour next year, but I can't remember where I read/heard that.
Quote Reply