Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga peeps! IM Help!
Quote | Reply
I am doing IM Choo Choo this September. I have searched numerous threads and I have found widely varying answers. I want to find a definitive answer to "How many feet of elevation/climbing is there for the entire 112 (or 116) mile bike course?" I have found from 1800 to over 4000 feet. Race website lists 3400.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga peeps! IM Help! [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough to get a "definitive answer" when it comes to elevation on a course (too many variables). I think the averages were around 4200 feet of gain for the course used in 2014. No one knows what the course will be for next year and I'm sure the RD will change it 13 times and it will be long with a headwind the entire way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4200. Easy fun course.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga peeps! IM Help! [Katia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was going to be a revised course this year because our route was 4 miles too long.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga peeps! IM Help! [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice reply, Brian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the IM CHat's unofficial Facebook page last year, a bunch of people rode the course during various training weekends. They all cam back with different numbers. I remember one guy wearing 2-3 different Garmins during the same ride and came back with different numbers on each one. I will tell you that, as a person who did the race last year, that whatever the elevation number is, you'll find that it's 2-3x easier than what you expect from the posted elevation gain. Absolutely nothing to be of concerned when it comes to climbing. I rode the entire first lap in aero without any issues. I got out of aero a few times on the second loop, mostly to stretch and change it up a bit.

Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
Tough to get a "definitive answer" when it comes to elevation on a course (too many variables). I think the averages were around 4200 feet of gain for the course used in 2014. No one knows what the course will be for next year and I'm sure the RD will change it 13 times and it will be long with a headwind the entire way.

I had 4,080 so I guess I'm pretty average. Headwind would be fine, just get rid of the hill coming out of T2. Oh and if you reduce the water flow, get that temp down to 76.1, thanks.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply