Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chamois B'tter
Quote | Reply
Do you apply this to both the chamois, your crotch or both. Have some major chaffing and was told to try this stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois B'tter [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do both.

You can also find it in single-serve packets to carry on long rides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tube says both, but I do not apply to the chamois. If you wanna get technical, the directions are on the back of the tube it came in. I also use this as a replacement for body glide b/c it is cheaper and does the exact same thing.

Quote | Reply
I have body glide as well but it hasn't done the trick so I thought I'd try this. The reason i asked is because the directions say to apply it to both so wasn't sure if that was overkill or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have problems with saddle sores. After I started applying cream to both the chamois and myself it alleviated the problem. Also good bike shorts make a big difference
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apply a generous glob to myself, and then rub whatever's left on my fingers into the chamois. If you're getting saddle sores, you should also wash with soap before and after wearing bike shorts.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both. Remember in this case goopy is GOOD. Also after you put it on, squat down and pull the pad into your body as tightly as you can so there's no movement when you start riding.

What I've found that is true for me:

Chamois Butt'r - okay and really good for about 1 to 1.5 hours. I wear it off after that and start chaffing again.

Cocoa Butter moisturizer - okay but no better or cheaper than chamois butt'r.

DZ Nutz - really good, up to about 2 hours. Getting up in price

Assos Chamois Cream - Excellent for up to the 5 hour rides I've done without reapplying. Expensive and worth every penny.

Bag Balm (available at CVS or other pharmacy) - Cheap as water and excellent for 5+ hours as well. The downside is it does tend to goop up the seat and on hot days drips a bit on the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois B'tter [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also had excellent experience with Skin Sake for really long rides. It lasts.

In Reply To:
I apply a generous glob to myself, and then rub whatever's left on my fingers into the chamois. If you're getting saddle sores, you should also wash with soap before and after wearing bike shorts.

x2

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois B'tter [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Both. Remember in this case goopy is GOOD. Also after you put it on, squat down and pull the pad into your body as tightly as you can so there's no movement when you start riding.

What I've found that is true for me:

Chamois Butt'r - okay and really good for about 1 to 1.5 hours. I wear it off after that and start chaffing again.

Cocoa Butter moisturizer - okay but no better or cheaper than chamois butt'r.

DZ Nutz - really good, up to about 2 hours. Getting up in price

Assos Chamois Cream - Excellent for up to the 5 hour rides I've done without reapplying. Expensive and worth every penny.

Bag Balm (available at CVS or other pharmacy) - Cheap as water and excellent for 5+ hours as well. The downside is it does tend to goop up the seat and on hot days drips a bit on the top tube.

The Assos is great. Reminds me that I need to pick up some more. I agree on the Chamois B'tter - it's basically gone after two hours.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply