Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Roth Bike Rental?
Quote | Reply
I had secured a tri bike rental for Challenge Roth only to receive an email today (07/03) saying that the bike was involved in a car accident and is broken. The rental company said they tried to look for another bike, but was unsuccessful. I've emailed the rental company, the info@roth email and sent an email out to a local tri-store (Radsport Buchstaller). It's past business hours so I'll have to wait for a response tomorrow.

Does anyone know of another triathlon bike available to rent for Challenge Roth? Either a company or an individual? I'll be in Roth tomorrow (travelling from Milan) and will have a rental car to pick it up from the area.

Or if there is anyone in the Toronto Canada area that hasn't left yet and is willing to take another bike, I'll pay for shipping plus extra for your time. I can arrange for the bike to get to the airport to meet your schedule.

Thanks,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Bike Rental? [m2447] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear about that. Fritz Buchstaller is the man, and if anyone can help you (this close to the race and that close to the site) it is him. He is a GREAT guy. He is on facebook and has been responsive in the past. Best wishes,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Bike Rental? [m2447] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did this work out for you? I am racing next year and debating whether to travel with my bike or rent one. Sounds like I should travel with mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Bike Rental? [AC_triwarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My airbnb host had a road bike, but Charlie at Radsport Buchstaller was able to set me up with a tri bike on Friday before the race. It was around 450 Euro's for the 3 day rental including pickup directly from the race course.

I would say it depends on what your goals/plans are. If you are looking to have a perfect race bring your own bike. Or if you are just going for the race you may as well bring it. I was travelling the week before and for 2 weeks after and didn't want the hassle of lugging around a bike (if shipped with you on the plane which I found cheapest). Shipping directly to/from the race was pretty expensive. I wanted to enjoy the experience and wasn't as concerned with placing, I ended up biking a 5:12 and finishing in just over 10 hours so you can still go decently quick on a rental.

It's an awesome race.
Quote Reply