Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chainrings on Quarq DFour
Quote | Reply
The quarq Dub Dfour for shimano. They can run 12 speed rings right? I don't see why they couldn't.

The description only says for 11 speed but does anyone use this power meter with 12 speed?
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I posted about this a while back. The conclusion is: Quarq was designed for 9100, so it’s not an aesthetic match (there is a lip on the old 9100 chainring that Quarq built into the spider to match it perfectly, whereas the new 9200 chainring doesn’t have that lip). As a result the looks and also alignment are a little wonky but that hasn’t stopped plenty of people from using the two together. I’m a little OCD about it so I just sold my old Quarq and bought a P2M as the spider is a perfect circle so matches / looks much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I'm not super OCD about the esthetic look, as long as the 12 speed rings work with the dfour i'm a happy camper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I’m running them. As mentioned, the shape doesn’t seamlessly follow from chainring to spider.
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slight drag from the grave of a thread, but it's OT.

I have a dfour, currently with 11sp shimano chainrings that I'm moving over onto my new speed concept. The SC comes stock with 12s 8100. I've sorted the BB issue, but my question is about the chainrings. I can either keep the 11sp chainrings on the quarq, and run with the 12s chain, and I think that should work mostly ok, perhaps not quite as slick at shifting as intended. Or I can swap the 8100 chainrings onto the quarq, and that will work perfectly, but will aesthetically have a mismatch on the profiles.

Have I missed any compatibility issues, or does it just come down to if the aesthetics look too grim?
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard that the new chain is just narrow enough that there are sometimes issues with chain drops when running 12 speed with 11 speed chainrings. I'd probably try it and see if you notice anything. At the very least I haven't heard of any catastrophic issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I've heard that the new chain is just narrow enough that there are sometimes issues with chain drops when running 12 speed with 11 speed chainrings. I'd probably try it and see if you notice anything. At the very least I haven't heard of any catastrophic issues.

Yep, so that's my thinking of going with the 8100 chainrings on the Quarq. Just slight aesthetic issue with the profile of the spider not aligning with the profile of the chainrings. But BCD and bolt pattern/spacing all good.
Quote Reply
Re: Chainrings on Quarq DFour [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i did exactly what my origianla question was. I have the dfour with 55/42 11 speed DA chainrings on a 12 speed bike. There are ZERO issues!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a 12 speed Rotor chainring so I could run 55/42. It looks great and functions perfectly with the Quarq.

Quote | Reply
Radical
Quote Reply