• Upgraded P3X - $10,000 For an extra $2k you get

• An ultegra cassette
    • 48/62mm wheels?
  • PX Series - $12,000 For the extra $4k you get

• Foldable base bar
    • Dura-Ace
    • 62/80mm wheels
    • 9 grams lighter?
    • The unforgivable sin, in the pictures it looks like they are using bar tape again instead of the rubber grips?

I have never ridden with Dura-Ace before, but I'm guessing that if I didn't look at the groupset then I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I don't know anything about the DT Swiss wheels, and I'm sure they are fine, but for an extra $4k I could get a pretty nice set of Zipps or HED.
I don't care about the foldable base bars.

Is there any reason that I wouldn't just get the base P3X and buy a nice set of (Hed/Zipp/Enve/etc.) wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo pricing - Do I have this right? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to me the PX series' only real draw is the foldable base bars. If thats not something you want, just get a P3X and save a ton of money. I've never ridden on dura ace myself, but everything ive read online says functionally its the same as the cheaper DI2, the components are just lighter.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo pricing - Do I have this right? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
// hopefully no marketing team will get the idea to make the pricier electronic group sets shifting faster [ore vice versa] ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't talk to the PX, but you have it right with the P3X.
I went the upgraded version as I liked the black colour way better and the wheels are a significant upgrade over the base model wheels, more than the increase in price as such.
Remember you can also negotiate a discount on those prices so you are not likely to pay retail for what you are looking at. I ended up with the upgraded version and then brought some cheaper training wheels and will use the DT swiss 62/48 for racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn’t there an option to just buy the frame set? Thinking that could be an alternative and possibly cheaper way to get the bike the way you want it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden both Ultegra and Dura-Ace and, to me, there's no difference outside of a little weight (and it isn't much). For me, I don't even look at Dura-Ace anymore. It's just not worth the money, I'll stay on Ultegra until I die or someone buys DA for me
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo pricing - Do I have this right? [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loosegroove wrote:
Isn’t there an option to just buy the frame set? Thinking that could be an alternative and possibly cheaper way to get the bike the way you want it
yes, but if you wind up building the bike from a frame up i think its just cheaper to get a "ready to roll" bike. the one thing i dont like is that the cheapest model of the P3X comes with a horrid paint job.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply