Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo aero data/ WAGs?
Quote | Reply
Wondering how significant the aero difference would be between say the lowest P-Series (105, mechanical), P-Series Ultegra DI2 and P5 disc Ultegra DI2?

Caveats: assuming comparable fit, same wheels/ tires, acknowledging that the engine is most important, bemoaning the trend towards discs, hailing the trend towards discs, acknowledging the huge variety of other options both new and used, etc.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Last edited by: MI_Mumps: Nov 5, 19 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo aero data/ WAGs? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based off the testing provided by tririg on the different aerobars, I'd guess the different between them is probably about as big as the difference between the felt bayonet and the alpha X. Since the frames are pretty much the same, the only real difference is the bars as far as I know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P5 is probably slightly faster, but I do not remember ever seeing data published from Cervelo. The reason is that the P5 has that larger gusset around the seat stays and better brake hose routing. (I believe the P5 D is 100% internal, whereas the P Series front tube is in the wind.)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo aero data/ WAGs? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. I think the mono riser on the P5 looks fast, but no idea if it actually is a significant difference!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Makes sense. I think the mono riser on the P5 looks fast, but no idea if it actually is a significant difference!

The aerobars on the P2 aren't good. Some budget alternatives would be the Felt Bayonet 3s or Profile Aeria AL Evo. You can get good risers for either. With those and some Omegas you won't be giving up much at all.
Quote Reply