Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Soloist alternatives
Quote | Reply
Hi-

I was planning on getting a 2005 Cervleo Soloist Centaur (51cm) but it sounds like with the delays at hand, I'd be better off getting something else. Interested in thoughts on roughly equivalent bikes. I like the fact that it's mostly a road bike and can switch to a TT-style fairly easily. This is not a requirement however as I will likely get a TT bike within a few years.

Have 5 years experience riding and my previous bike was stolen. Been out of the saddle for about 4 months now waiting for this Cervelo. Also, I'm happy to hear other good road bike recommendations even if they're at a higher price point. Might consider going towards $3000 if there is a compelling reason.

Any experience with Felt? Is the F55 a somewhat equivalent machine?

Thanks!

DKSF
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist alternatives [dksf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can have the same concept of the Soloist with any road bike with a compact frame, only instead of the Cervelo flip around post, swap with a neutral set back post for the "multi-sport" TT/tri position. With the neutral post and the seat forward on the rails it should give you about 75/76 degrees effective seat angle as you would have with the Soloist. I rode exactly this way with my Giant TCR and it worked very well.

I don't know much about Felt, but the TCR is well worth a look. If you want a nicer ride than aluminium have a look at the compact Lemond OCLV/steel frames which are half carbon and steel. I've just swapped my aluminium TCR frame for one.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist alternatives [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blasephemy, you must change your screen name now!! ;-)

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would just wait. They could arrive next Monday.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here, read this:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...orials/0000019.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist alternatives [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Blasephemy, you must change your screen name now!! ;-) "

Nooooo.....still have my P2K and can't see myself changing the handle to Lemondguy. :)
Quote Reply